Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House > Home Interior Design and Decorating
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-22-2012, 01:08 PM

1 posts, read 5,171 times

Advertisements

Okay so my boyfriend and I just got our first apartment together and I LOVE decorating but just my luck I end up finding out this room is not so easy to decorate. It is an odd shape because it extends back with two small hallway type things to each side in the back, a mixed wood and normal ceiling, etc. Well, we both decided on a theme of neutral colors with teal accents. That pink thing in the photo is my makeshift couch until our actual one arrives, which is a simple chocolate colored sofa that I already have 2 teal pillows for. I was planning on painting the walls a cream color but I just feel there are so many walls I don't know what to paint what, I am considering doing them cream with one more colorful wall as an accent one but have no clue which wall to choose for that. At this point I need ALL suggestions!! I am a college student and cannot afford to buy a ton of crazy stuff but we want it to look nice and be a good summer project. Any ideas? I'm stumped at this point!

need help with odd shaped apartment living room :(-1.png

need help with odd shaped apartment living room :(-2.png

need help with odd shaped apartment living room :(-3.png

need help with odd shaped apartment living room :(-4.png

need help with odd shaped apartment living room :(-5.png

need help with odd shaped apartment living room :(-6.png

need help with odd shaped apartment living room :(-ceiling.png
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-22-2012, 10:49 PM

43,011 posts, read 108,013,252 times
The area between Wall 5 and Wall 6 is meant for a dinette area.

When you take that into consideration, your livingroom isn't strangely shaped. it's a perfect rectangle.

Old 04-23-2012, 07:09 PM

13,055 posts, read 18,099,795 times
Hopes just took the words right out of my mouth. You actually have two distinct rooms and I would treat them as such. There are many warm beige tones that you can use. Benjamin Moore has a vast selection as well as Sherwin Williams. Sight unseen I would probably use the lighter beige tone in the living room and go more toward the chocolate brown sofa color in the dining area but you should have no problem.

Old 04-23-2012, 08:04 PM

37,105 posts, read 41,233,915 times
[quote=elliex;23975796]Okay so my boyfriend and I just got our first apartment together and I LOVE decorating but just my luck I end up finding out this room is not so easy to decorate. It is an odd shape because it extends back with two small hallway type things to each side in the back, a mixed wood and normal ceiling, etc. Well, we both decided on a theme of neutral colors with teal accents. That pink thing in the photo is my makeshift couch until our actual one arrives, which is a simple chocolate colored sofa that I already have 2 teal pillows for. I was planning on painting the walls a cream color but I just feel there are so many walls I don't know what to paint what, I am considering doing them cream with one more colorful wall as an accent one but have no clue which wall to choose for that. At this point I need ALL suggestions!! I am a college student and cannot afford to buy a ton of crazy stuff but we want it to look nice and be a good summer project. Any ideas? I'm stumped at this point!

If it is an apartment, do you have permission from the landlord to paint?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House > Home Interior Design and Decorating