Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House > Home Interior Design and Decorating
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-12-2009, 05:23 PM

1 posts, read 13,630 times

Advertisements

has anybody bought furniture (dining room set) from The Place. How is the quality of their furniture
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-28-2009, 11:22 PM

1 posts, read 13,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KodakMoment View Post
Whats your personal experience with this brand of furniture? Does it become damaged or scratched quickly? I'm in NC and hear that high point is the place to go but I'm worried its not the type of furniture that I like. "The pottery barn look" for lack of a better word is what I'm looking for. But is the price tag worth it? Heck, I'd even consider getting a part time job there just for the discount
My aunt own those kind of furniture, as I see they are easily to have scratch. <a href="http://www.qms-us.com http://www.hbdg.com"> henriksen butler </a>

Old 01-29-2009, 08:40 AM

767 posts, read 1,848,222 times
We have a Pottery Barn table & chairs. They are used 3 times a day and I've had it since before my kids were born. It has taken alot of abuse, hard scrubbing, and tons of banging and scraping. I have to say after over 9 yrs it looks great! Distressed yes, but in a good way. The finish has really held up. The only thing that needs to be replaced are the rush seats. If anyone knows where to find those I would appreciate it!

Old 02-16-2010, 10:42 AM

1 posts, read 12,299 times
I was a Furniture Design Engineer at PotteryBarn from 2002 until 2007 and we went above and beyond to design and engineer PotteryBarn furniture to be heads above every other furniture manufacturer as far as quality...nobody else comes close I assure you. High Point is a great place to get a deal but it's usually seconds or over stock stuff. Not always quality when you go there. As an example...look at the back panel of anything coming out at Ethan allen or Thomasville...or Hooker and you'll see it is usually 1/8" thick cheap paneling and nailed or stapled on. At Potterybarn the backs are always 1/4" thick...screwed on and finished to match the rest (front and sides and top) of the piece. I'd buy Pottery Barn over any furniture out there !

Old 02-16-2010, 01:33 PM

4,156 posts, read 11,010,718 times
We have 2 furniture items both from PBkids over the course of the past 6 years.
They have held up well, but I won't pay full retail price for the items. I waited when both were on sale and then the price sinks down to where the furniture really is in terms of a good deal.

Old 03-12-2010, 03:22 AM

13,395 posts, read 45,023,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twoisbetter View Post
We have a Pottery Barn table & chairs. They are used 3 times a day and I've had it since before my kids were born. It has taken alot of abuse, hard scrubbing, and tons of banging and scraping. I have to say after over 9 yrs it looks great! Distressed yes, but in a good way. The finish has really held up.
I hear you--we are no longer a family with youngsters, but we have a lot of family visit us.
We have been pleased with our PB table in the last two or so years.
I actually like mine *better* now that it is a bit more distressed, and structurally it's like brand new.

Back when this thread originated, we did buy our tempurpedic king bed mattress and accessories, and love 'em, but we are just now getting around to looking for a headboard/bed frame.
(2007 was our Year of Spending Dangerously.)

Bellalunatic, I know what you mean about waiting until PB furniture goes on sale.

Old 06-27-2010, 12:30 PM

6 posts, read 28,058 times
hey i have bought a coffee table and believe me its worth it...its so beautiful and trendy that i am loving it....its long lasting too.
i would suggest you to try it and i m sure your house or office will looks best

Old 08-13-2010, 07:45 PM

1 posts, read 11,395 times
The article from Smart Money Magazine, October 2006 titled "Pottery Barn, Unstuffed" can be found here:

http://www.beachbungalowdesigns.com/...unstuffed2.pdf

Old 08-14-2010, 04:27 AM

5,284 posts, read 20,050,981 times
http://www.beachbungalowdesigns.com/...unstuffed2.pdf

I understand the furniture from Arhaus (which I love) is American made.

Old 11-03-2010, 08:26 PM

1 posts, read 10,973 times
I love House2Home Custom Furniture in Minnesota; they are a lot less expensive and offer much better quality. They're handcrafted and offer top notch service!!

[url=http://www.house2homecustomfurniture.com]Wooden Outdoor Patio Furniture | Handcrafted Wooden Furniture[/url]
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House > Home Interior Design and Decorating