Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House > Home Interior Design and Decorating
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-13-2014, 12:47 PM

8,583 posts, read 16,014,164 times

Advertisements

Hopes...I really like that second wood table..

Another idea is something like that with a leaf that allows it to also be a sqaure larger table..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-13-2014, 01:33 PM

43,011 posts, read 108,061,041 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kelly237 View Post
Another idea is something like that with a leaf that allows it to also be a sqaure larger table..
I prefer a solid top for kitchen tables. Too much crap falls between the crack for leaves. A solid top is more attractive too.

Old 02-13-2014, 03:29 PM

19,217 posts, read 16,701,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kelly237 View Post

I like the idea of a smaller table with a way to extend it. Perhaps a drop-leaf table? Here's an example of what I mean.

Vintage Distressed Enamel Top Kitchen Table Pull by TheShantyRoost

Old 02-13-2014, 11:33 PM

30,585 posts, read 25,161,541 times
I had Pergo in my kitchen for about 13 years. I'd love to have it again. Easy to clean. Only at the end did I detect that it looked a little worn, when I looked at it closely. You don't have to get a wood tone.

I have sheet vinyl that has a texture. It is ten years old and the finish has worn off. You can mop it, but you can't get it clean. I hate it!

You could investigate Marmoleum. Marmoleum - the next generation Forbo

This is actual linoleum, a product you could not get for about 30 years. I would love to have it myself, but I know DH will have a fit. We will probably really fight over the floor we both know we will have to put in next year. But I would probably choose Marmoleum or Pergo for a kitchen.

Old 02-14-2014, 12:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by silibran View Post
I had Pergo in my kitchen for about 13 years. I'd love to have it again. Easy to clean. Only at the end did I detect that it looked a little worn, when I looked at it closely. You don't have to get a wood tone.

I have sheet vinyl that has a texture. It is ten years old and the finish has worn off. You can mop it, but you can't get it clean. I hate it!

You could investigate Marmoleum. Marmoleum - the next generation Forbo

This is actual linoleum, a product you could not get for about 30 years. I would love to have it myself, but I know DH will have a fit. We will probably really fight over the floor we both know we will have to put in next year. But I would probably choose Marmoleum or Pergo for a kitchen.
Great ideas...I heard that pergo would not do well with the mositure that a kicthen may have..
If it would do okay it would match my other floors and give me a wood look...

Old 02-14-2014, 05:24 AM

43,011 posts, read 108,061,041 times
The focus area for pergo is in front of the sink. You can prevent that by wiping up or using a mat to keep it dry. The main worry is if the dishwasher or refrigerator malfunctions causing a leak or a flood. My girlfriend's dishwasher flooded her kitchen while they were at work. When something like that happens, it's not just the floors that get ruined but the cabinets too. Homeowners insurance covered everything and she has a new kitchen. She installed laminate again too.

Old 02-14-2014, 09:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by silibran View Post

I am so glad to know this...I have been reading more and lots of people have been very happy with Pergo in the kitchen...

The sellers are leaving some left over Pergo in the garage and if I can match it, that could save some money too...
The pergo would look good because its everywhere else excpet the baths..

So if I have pergo floors (wood look) & white cabinets I just have to figure out the counters...
Paint selection will be easy and last...

Seems counters should be done first, then floors ??
Does everyone agree??

Appliances are not bad, not great...I need use them & then decide on keeping them or getting new ones when the counters are done..

There is natural gas so I will look into how complex it would be to have a gas stove to replace the
electric...Cooking with gas would be heavenly !!!

Old 02-14-2014, 09:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopes View Post
I prefer a solid top for kitchen tables. Too much crap falls between the crack for leaves. A solid top is more attractive too.
I tend to agree and love the look of that solid wood table/island that you posted with the stools ...

Old 02-14-2014, 09:37 AM

26,660 posts, read 13,746,362 times
We had laminate floors in the kitchen of our old place. I really liked having them in the kitchen. They are so easy to clean. It sounds like you have a good plan.

Old 02-14-2014, 09:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
We had laminate floors in the kitchen of our old place. I really liked having them in the kitchen. They are so easy to clean. It sounds like you have a good plan.
Thanks...

I need to learn how to clean them..I have heard a vinegar mix is good. How much moisure can I use when cleaning..For my wood & tile floors I used a mop that sprays out the cleaner ahead of the mop..will try to find a picture..Wondering iof that is too "wet" for the pergo...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House > Home Interior Design and Decorating