Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House > Home Interior Design and Decorating
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-12-2015, 01:49 PM

1 posts, read 1,111 times

Advertisements

Hello, Hello. I'm opening a business and would really appreciate some advice in this area. I have only ran at home businesses and worked at other companies, so I haven't had too much experience in having to fully designing the inside of a business. I'm looking forward to it though, I just need a little bit of constructive steering along the process.

I know the gist of what I would like, but just don't know the exact items because of lack of knowledge. So any help will be greatly appreciated. I would like to have a simplistic, modern theme, with a sports intertwined.

I'm on plan to create a life sized sports arcade that is located in the back half of the store. In the front half of the store it sells clothing(left side wall), has television w sports on it (left side wall) and front desk (right side wall) and two chairs/table/charging center in the middle.

I would really like to have a number of small bright white lights coming down from the ceiling and a medium shade of wood paneling on the floor. A simple color on the top half of the walls and a dark tiling on the bottom half with some sports or local memorabilia placed throughout the walls simply and symmetrically.

Does anyone have any suggestions on the type of wall tile, floor paneling, lighting, chair/table style, or paint color?

My goal for the tiling and paneling, if possible, is to have it soak in some of the noise from the arcade area, be durable, and still look sleek, simplistic and modern.

ANY advice is better than No advice
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-12-2015, 02:01 PM

3,167 posts, read 4,001,244 times
You need to hire a professional decorator - otherwise, it is almost guaranteed to be awful.

Old 03-12-2015, 02:02 PM

1,138 posts, read 3,345,315 times
Houzz.com a wonderful site. Can bookmark and make plans from there and get advice when stuck.

Old 03-12-2015, 04:17 PM

17,474 posts, read 66,027,504 times
When it comes to commercial/business space the things most don't consider are the things that drown the vision. In other words, you have numerous code compliance issues. Then you can work a design, then you collapse when you see the buildout cost. Then, its back to the drawing board with a revised budget- is the business worthy of a diminished budget? Or, do you revise your business plan and change your capital expenditures. And on, and on, and on.

A commercial interior designer is who you need.

Good luck!

Old 03-12-2015, 07:55 PM

4,096 posts, read 6,214,610 times
Yes you have to be aware of your local codes such as, fire, electric, ceilings, etc. There are commercial products for flooring and wall coverings.

Old 03-16-2015, 12:21 PM

17,474 posts, read 66,027,504 times
No Response!
Guess that pipe dream went up in smoke!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House > Home Interior Design and Decorating