Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House > Home Interior Design and Decorating
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-27-2008, 02:15 PM

654 posts, read 3,457,557 times

Advertisements

My guest bathroom doesn't have a shower, just the tub only. I have read where you could get a shower adapter to attach a hose to the tub spout and then hang the shower head on the wall. Saves me from having to tear the wall up to install plumbing for a shower head, but where would I find such an adapter kit? I've found nothing so far in the local box stores.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-27-2008, 02:54 PM

4,156 posts, read 11,014,110 times
Find a local plumbing supplier or kitchen and bath design showroom place. I think you would have much better luck there.
Are you wanting a hand held shower/tub combo like ones seen in photos of freestanding tubs?
Or a more European style shower/tub combo where the removable shower head is mounted to the wall on an adjustable rod mounted on the wall?
But I'm afraid those flexible rubber hose shower attachment things are terrible, as the water pressure from the tub spout will force the rubber gasket for the tubing right off...save your wee bit of $$ from that and go for a more permanent solution.
You're right about the big box stores they are pretty useless for anything outside of the very basics.

Old 01-02-2009, 11:45 AM

43,854 posts, read 51,222,276 times
Maybe you could goof around on this site and find some suggestions as to what you are looking for or how to do something else entirely:
HOME IMPROVEMENT : Faucets & Fixtures : Changing a Showerhead : DIY Network (http://tinyurl.com/37akm5 - broken link)

Old 01-04-2009, 12:12 PM

235 posts, read 1,578,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AVTechMan View Post
My guest bathroom doesn't have a shower, just the tub only. I have read where you could get a shower adapter to attach a hose to the tub spout and then hang the shower head on the wall. Saves me from having to tear the wall up to install plumbing for a shower head, but where would I find such an adapter kit? I've found nothing so far in the local box stores.

I think you will find what your looking for here:

Alsons add-a-shower diverter tub spouts - bath accessories - from the PlumbingWorld (http://www.plumbingworld.com/watersupplyaccessoriesfromalsons.html - broken link)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House > Home Interior Design and Decorating