Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House > Home Interior Design and Decorating
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-30-2009, 03:47 PM

1,492 posts, read 7,721,235 times

Advertisements

I've posted before about renovating a mobile home....I need to do the heat/ a/c now....

what about those window/wall units that heats and cools? They look like window units but can be put in a sleeve in the wall.

They say too many BTUs can cause failure in the system like it will cause coils to freeze up.

My measurements of my rooms are:
200 sq ft
90 sq ft
165 sq ft-----
154 sq ft---- these two are the living room/kitchen but I'd like to have a unit in each rather than a larger one for the both

BTU research says I need a 5000 btu for the one room and 6-8000 each for the other 3 rooms. I found one at home depot of 7,000 btu for cooling but 3,850btu for heating...

why the difference? And does that mean I'd need another heater to make up for the lack in the heating?

And my next question.....I've searched for an hour already online for a 5000 btu one....but I can't find anything. Any ideas for heating/cooling a 90 sq ft bedroom?

I'm trying to get things up and out of the way w/o blocking windows. I've used one of those oil radiator portable heaters...but we need our floor space back.

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-04-2009, 03:02 PM

557 posts, read 2,613,469 times
Not living in a mobile home, I'm not the best person to comment here, but regardless of what you choose, install one or more ceiling fans with reverse option to spread the heated or cooled air around. We installed wall heaters in our log home--last month it was so cold it shot our electric bill sky high!

Old 04-06-2009, 01:22 AM

128 posts, read 1,071,411 times
I am not a technical person for the job but found something for your mobile home air conditioning.
It may be of help to you. Good Luck with it!

Jeanne
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House > Home Interior Design and Decorating