Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House > Home Interior Design and Decorating
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-23-2009, 01:30 PM

2,412 posts, read 7,176,485 times

Advertisements

I have been looking for a perfect sage green and just haven't hit it. I have looked at swatches in the store, bought samples and tried them home but found colors that are either too olive, too blue, too grey, or too lime green/"sherbet-y." I want something that is a little on the grey side, but not too much grey...I want green, not grey.

Suggestions? Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-23-2009, 02:01 PM

3,989 posts, read 6,575,037 times
Not sure if this is close to what you were looking for. We just finished a room in this greenish color that has a bit of gray to it....
Attached Thumbnails
The elusive perfect sage green...suggestions?-dscf8232.jpg  

Old 07-23-2009, 02:46 PM

738 posts, read 2,956,669 times
We did our living room in a Behr color called Restful 400F-4

It's a lighter green, but not too lime colored, maybe slightly grayish. I wish I had a good daytime picture, I have a few pictures I took at night but it's tough to really see the color due to the shadows. Also, it's much less lime/bright than it looks on the Behr website. We were originally looking for something bright, but after we painted the walls it was a very neutral and soothing color. We love it.

Old 07-23-2009, 03:09 PM

5,284 posts, read 20,047,178 times
Laura Ashley Olive #3....it is the perfect sage that goes with almost any color.

Old 07-23-2009, 04:19 PM

5,119 posts, read 16,594,883 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoHokiesGo View Post
We did our living room in a Behr color called Restful 400F-4

It's a lighter green, but not too lime colored, maybe slightly grayish. I wish I had a good daytime picture, I have a few pictures I took at night but it's tough to really see the color due to the shadows. Also, it's much less lime/bright than it looks on the Behr website. We were originally looking for something bright, but after we painted the walls it was a very neutral and soothing color. We love it.
My living room is also painted with Behr Restful. I too love my color. I have dark gray leather couches in the room and I think the color combination works well.

Old 07-23-2009, 08:24 PM

2,412 posts, read 7,176,485 times
Thanks for the tips, folks. I'll pick up some samples and check 'em out.

Old 07-23-2009, 09:33 PM

165 posts, read 1,024,775 times
Oooh, I googled Laura Ashley Olive 3 and found some photos of a gorgeous dining room painted with it - the cherry antique furniture didn't hurt the look either ... what a beautiful color!

Old 07-26-2009, 02:12 PM

764 posts, read 2,548,608 times
I have Sherwin Williams Svelte Sage in my living room. It's been on the wall now for 3 years and I still love it as much as the day it was applied. We have bright white trim, black iron furniture and a dark chocolate brown leather sectional. I have a couple of pics with our old couch and loveseat, but you'll get the idea.

Old 07-27-2009, 01:17 AM

6,266 posts, read 19,162,566 times
lovely!!!
that is the same color I used when I just painted my dining/kitchen area. It's so fresh and so versatile.
oh and........I own the same candlesticks.......did you get yours at Kirklands?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mary_Moon View Post
I have Sherwin Williams Svelte Sage in my living room. It's been on the wall now for 3 years and I still love it as much as the day it was applied. We have bright white trim, black iron furniture and a dark chocolate brown leather sectional. I have a couple of pics with our old couch and loveseat, but you'll get the idea.

Old 07-27-2009, 11:18 AM

764 posts, read 2,548,608 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamWeavin View Post
lovely!!!
that is the same color I used when I just painted my dining/kitchen area. It's so fresh and so versatile.
oh and........I own the same candlesticks.......did you get yours at Kirklands?
LOL! Good eye - yes, they are from Kirkland's. Love that place!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House > Home Interior Design and Decorating