Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House > Home Interior Design and Decorating
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-07-2009, 08:29 PM

125 posts, read 635,895 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kshe95girl View Post
The problem with doing a blue like which you are speaking of is color saturation, or hue intesity....... it would overwhelm the chocolate.... the best analogy I can come up with is, the blue would be screaming, "Look at ME!!!!!"
The reason this color palette is so attractive is because its subtle.
You are speaking of a sage green wall in your home, where is it? Would it be visible 24/7 from the blue/chocolate room?
Ahhhh - I see.. that makes sense. Thats probably why I tend to see the chocolate brown w/ the soft almost "Tiffany" blue color.

The sage green wall will be upstairs outside of my master.. in the upstairs den/loft area. It's hard to explain the area, but it's basically this large open area overlooking my front door/foyer. Not the same room, but is visable thru the master doorway.

Would this clash?
Quick reply to this message

Old 09-07-2009, 08:36 PM

23,416 posts, read 36,991,578 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AtlantaGal View Post
Ahhhh - I see.. that makes sense. Thats probably why I tend to see the chocolate brown w/ the soft almost "Tiffany" blue color.

The sage green wall will be upstairs outside of my master.. in the upstairs den/loft area. It's hard to explain the area, but it's basically this large open area overlooking my front door/foyer. Not the same room, but is visable thru the master doorway.

Would this clash?
you nailed the Tiffany color!!!!!
Question on the sage, do you know the paint name/color? Or have a chip? As long as the color does not have a great deal of yellow undertones, it should work...... let me know!

Old 09-07-2009, 10:01 PM

Quote:
you nailed the Tiffany color!!!!!
Question on the sage, do you know the paint name/color? Or have a chip? As long as the color does not have a great deal of yellow undertones, it should work...... let me know!
kshe95girl: You're awesome, btw, thx for your help w/ this!! I'm so lost! lol. Like I said previously I lack creativity for home decor - but LOVE creative spots... so I'm trying!

Here's the sage I'm going for. I'm told it's Sherwin Williams Svelte Sage (in the living room pic) and Laura Ashley Olive (in the dining room pic).. I was going to pull something like this. I prefer the lighter SW Svelte Sage but does it have yellow undertones?

Old 09-07-2009, 10:20 PM

Quote:
kshe95girl: You're awesome, btw, thx for your help w/ this!! I'm so lost! lol. Like I said previously I lack creativity for home decor - but LOVE creative spots... so I'm trying!

Here's the sage I'm going for. I'm told it's Sherwin Williams Svelte Sage (in the living room pic) and Laura Ashley Olive (in the dining room pic).. I was going to pull something like this. I prefer the lighter SW Svelte Sage but does it have yellow undertones?
Lol, dont know if you looked at my profile, but I am an interior designer, pulled the large versions of the Svelte and Watery, and went into my studio, I have natural lighting in there.......the 2 colors play very nicely off each other, I love the Svelte, its another very subtle color, they will look beautiful in conjuntion with each other!
So glad I could help, I have had a lot of design mentors in my life, so I am happy to pay it forward!
BTW, as you become more assured in your own tastes, you WILL find that you do have a clue...... you do already, you just dont know it yet.

Old 09-08-2009, 03:16 PM

8,276 posts, read 12,856,786 times
Get as good a print of it as you can and go color match at the home store. they have the ability to identify it and then you can look u0p the color and see the ones clos e to it.

Old 09-08-2009, 04:48 PM

^ home store?

Old 09-08-2009, 04:50 PM

AONE: Thanks for that info! I'll certainly try that out!

kshe95girl: I'll stop by Lowe's/HomeDepot/WalMart this weekend to pull some swatches and look at the colors in person. While I love the Tiffany blue/brown color combo - I just don't think it'll be as 'bold' as I'd like. I have a pretty high tolerance for 'different' and just want it to be pretty, sexy, and chic. Mannn, I'm asking too much!! lol

I've attached a pic of what the master looks like now as an empty room.. it has vaulted ceilings with a fan that I LOVE (can't really tell in the pic but it's dark brown with black metal accents)...the walls aren't that neutral eggshell color that most new places come with.. rather it's a deeper 'tuscan' tan color -- that you can see more clearly in my dining room pic.

Should I just can the Tiffany Blue/Chocolate combo b/c it's not bold enough? Would it work with 3 of the 4 walls being this peanut buttery color?

Is the original idea of an upholstered paprika colored headboard a better idea?

Attached Thumbnails
Does anyone know what paint color this is?!?-img_0021.jpg   Does anyone know what paint color this is?!?-img_0013.jpg  

Old 09-08-2009, 04:58 PM

Quote:
AONE: Thanks for that info! I'll certainly try that out!

kshe95girl: I'll stop by Lowe's/HomeDepot/WalMart this weekend to pull some swatches and look at the colors in person. While I love the Tiffany blue/brown color combo - I just don't think it'll be as 'bold' as I'd like. I have a pretty high tolerance for 'different' and just want it to be pretty, sexy, and chic. Mannn, I'm asking too much!! lol

I've attached a pic of what the master looks like now as an empty room.. it has vaulted ceilings with a fan that I LOVE (can't really tell in the pic but it's dark brown with black metal accents)...the walls aren't that neutral eggshell color that most new places come with.. rather it's a deeper 'tuscan' tan color -- that you can see more clearly in my dining room pic.

Should I just can the Tiffany Blue/Chocolate combo b/c it's not bold enough? Would it work with 3 of the 4 walls being this peanut buttery color?

Is the original idea of an upholstered paprika colored headboard a better idea?

Bump the drama up in the blue/chocolate room up with dramatic accessories, kinda like taking a basic dress, and bringing the drama on with accessories, design is kind of the same........
If you want drama, I would go with the paprika headboard, pump in some greens and bronzes, and pull a bit of the paprika in with art and accessories.......remember, lighting can add a LOT of drama in a room!

Old 09-08-2009, 05:22 PM

Quote:
Bump the drama up in the blue/chocolate room up with dramatic accessories, kinda like taking a basic dress, and bringing the drama on with accessories, design is kind of the same........
If you want drama, I would go with the paprika headboard, pump in some greens and bronzes, and pull a bit of the paprika in with art and accessories.......remember, lighting can add a LOT of drama in a room!
I'm extra excited that you said the paprika would bring drama!! Even though I love the blue/brown combo, I really think that paprika would be best for what I'm looking for... plus I can bring in a little green, which I LOVE

Yayyy!!! Thanks again for the help with this!!

*off to search message boards on best place for upholstered headboards*

Old 09-08-2009, 05:33 PM

post pix of the headboards!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House > Home Interior Design and Decorating