Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Honda and Acura
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-14-2015, 10:20 AM

20,004 posts, read 77,410,260 times

Advertisements

CR-V are decent vehicles, but NOT an SUV. I have no idea how or why MT chose that underpowered, useless-off-road, plastic fantastic CR-V over the other contestants. But then again, MT has always had a hard on for Hondas. Just dont ask why. I think theyre run by a bunch of ex-librarians and grocery store clerks to be honest with you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-14-2015, 10:40 AM

17,326 posts, read 22,073,418 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IShootNikon View Post
I don't think towing capacity was one of their requirements. Lets face it, majority of SUV owners buy them as a grocery getter and increased interior volume
AKA- "tall stationwagons"

Old 01-14-2015, 10:41 AM

17,326 posts, read 22,073,418 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve-o View Post
CR-V are decent vehicles, but NOT an SUV. I have no idea how or why MT chose that underpowered, useless-off-road, plastic fantastic CR-V over the other contestants. But then again, MT has always had a hard on for Hondas. Just dont ask why. I think theyre run by a bunch of ex-librarians and grocery store clerks to be honest with you.
Honda has a big advertising budget........Motor Trend needs to sell magazines and magazine advertising!

Old 01-14-2015, 10:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by City Guy997S View Post
Honda has a big advertising budget........Motor Trend needs to sell magazines and magazine advertising!
MT is so deep up Honda's butt that I cant tell where MT ends and Honda begins.

Old 01-14-2015, 12:01 PM

3,961 posts, read 11,026,691 times
when we still lived in SC we took our CRV off road all the time. Well, to be honest, we'd find ourselves on gravel roads as the gps would say "turn here" on a legit street.... and said street just never happened to be paved.

So i can vouch for it's capabilities, while not the sturdy off road able fj cruiser we once owned, it sure handled those massive 1" 'boulders' with relative ease.

Old 01-14-2015, 12:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranger17 View Post
when we still lived in SC we took our CRV off road all the time. Well, to be honest, we'd find ourselves on gravel roads as the gps would say "turn here" on a legit street.... and said street just never happened to be paved.

So i can vouch for it's capabilities, while not the sturdy off road able fj cruiser we once owned, it sure handled those massive 1" 'boulders' with relative ease.

Ive done similar off-roading... in my Focus.

Old 01-14-2015, 12:22 PM

5,481 posts, read 8,582,886 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve-o View Post
Ive done similar off-roading... in my Focus.

Haha...seriously! I once took at trip up to the mountains of Vermont in my Mazda 3 during a snowstorm with summer tires on and made it. I guess I can classify it as a capable off-road vehicle.

Old 01-14-2015, 12:37 PM

6,417 posts, read 1,435,935 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ramkobe View Post
Owned the first gen CR-V and loved it. It was affordable, roomy, reliable, fuel efficient (30mpg) and cool. I mean how many cars come with a built in picnic table????

If I'm in the market for an SUV the CR-V would be #1 on my list. It may not be the best at anything but good at everything. And thats the criteria most shoppers use when buying a car which explains why CR-V has been the best selling SUV for so long. The same criteria MT uses apparently.
That's right. The CR-V is a great vehicle. It's great having one for my family, and we don't have to have a minivan. I don't have to drive an embarrassing minivan! We have a 2010 CR-V EX-L and really like it. It's very roomy, great if you have 2 children or less, very comfortable, mildly sporty, economical, and very safe. The only other SUV for the family I would want is the Honda Pilot , but its even bigger and guzzles gas.

Old 01-14-2015, 12:39 PM

2,593 posts, read 4,240,598 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southernnaturelover View Post
For some reason every CRV I see has a senior citizen driving it.
The 9 second 0-60 times aren't enough to frighten them lol.

Old 01-14-2015, 12:41 PM

3,961 posts, read 11,026,691 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by coastalbum View Post
That's right. The CR-V is a great vehicle. It's great having one for my family, and we don't have to have a minivan. I don't have to drive an embarrassing minivan! We have a 2010 CR-V EX-L and really like it. It's very roomy, great if you have 2 children or less, very comfortable, mildly sporty, economical, and very safe. The only other SUV for the family I would want is the Honda Pilot , but its even bigger and guzzles gas.
we actually had a pilot when we first moved to SC and liked it, but the frequent trips back to WI were just too much on the gas budget so picked up a '12 crv exl. A bit smaller yes, but just fine for hiway travel and the awd version still pulls 30 or even better on the interstate so no complaints there. And now living back in WI, glad we kept an awd for our suv
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Honda and Acura