Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Honda and Acura
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-18-2016, 10:21 AM

6,234 posts, read 8,438,954 times

Advertisements

You might at least want to test drive a new Pacifica, great leg room, stow and go seats.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-18-2016, 06:21 PM

171 posts, read 233,164 times
Love my 2013 EX-L Odyssey. Leased for 3 years and bought at the end of the lease. This was our 6th leased vehicle and only one we've ever bought. PM me if you have questions.

Old 09-20-2016, 07:56 PM

1,112 posts, read 883,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by froglipz View Post
But will others around you ?.

I get what you are saying...but not in the position to trade at this time. What can I say?
Mae

Old 10-23-2016, 08:50 AM

5,921 posts, read 13,851,411 times
We have a 2004 model. Bought with 6.000 miles on odometer.
Always kept up with basic services.
Never had one problem ...

The only obnoxious complaint we have !
The cup holders in the front are a waste of design.
Way too shallow, so nothing will stay in there during a quick turn of the vehicle.
We solved the *problem* by adding really big plastic tumbler glasses and bolted them into the existing cup holders.

Other *short-comings* !
The side-door guides are a bit under-designed.
The plastic rollers will wear out sooner than you like, especially the one on the curb side (more use).
Really expensive to replace, if done by dealer ($400 per door !!)
Did it my self (with a bit of cussing) for $70 per door !
Google will show you how to do it yourself (as always ...)

Had one *problem* with electric door lock openers.
Clean contacts and fittings and problem was solved.
Again fixed with help of Google !

During parking with curb in front, be aware of low front end.
You WILL hit the curb or those front wheel stop blocks !!

When you need more cargo space, the middle seats can be removed, but ...
a bear to take out of the car if you are a female (seats are bulky and heavy),
if you leave in car, they are not secured ! Not a good thing at all !

If you haul cargo, better wish you never get a flat.
Location of spare tire in wrong place, so pull tire out of storage place and put somewhere so you can get it !

Good things:
Good Hi-way mileage ! We get around 27 mpg driving around 60-70 mph.
City mileage around 19-21 mpg
Comfortable seats, good vision all around but the car does have a bad blind spot !
We solved that by making special side mirror replacement glass.

Van has built in way to add low weight trailer hitch (easy do it yourself). We have pulled 1000 lbs trailers often without any problems. If you do add, be aware of the tail light configuration. Pain in the neck to make it work !

We would buy a new one but do not like the looks of it ...
Side quarter panel windows looks stupid ! Cartoon like !

Our yearly *good mechanic* maintenance about $500 per year.
He does the stuff too difficult for owner repair/replace stuff (special tools).
Entertainment stuff (radio CD and DVD stuff) finally gave up a year ago.
CD or DVD players are not really made for automotive use !!
Too much vibration ! Still lasted daily use for over 10 years use !
Got a nice replacement unit (aftermarket for $350) which made wife happy !

Old 12-25-2016, 04:14 PM
EA

6,791 posts, read 7,114,160 times
I just picked up a 2015 ex. There's a few quirks I'm not fond of but overall it's pretty great.

I have the keyless start and you can't turn it off leaving the radio and such on. You hit the button and everything shuts off. Then you have to hit the button again to turn the radio back on. You have to leave it in gear and shut it off to keep things on.

The headlight switch is a stalk on the steering wheel like many other cars. However, the brights are also activated the same way. So when you twist the knob to turn the lights on it's very easy to turn on the brights without realizing it.

Another poster mentioned height issues. I am 5 foot 8 and I have miles between my head and the roof even with the seat all the way up.

I'm getting 24mpg mixed driving so far. My worst tank was 22mpg and it included a trip to the dealership where they left it running for a good long time.

I've hauled my welding equipment in it. Things I've built. Kids. it's so versatile. I wanted the 2017 ridgeline but this was 12,000 cheaper and I'm not too disappointed. I'm a car guy, so driving a minivan, even if it's really good, is just no bueno. But I like the van. I am really enjoying not having to take my keys out of my pocket.

Old 08-13-2017, 07:47 PM

7,378 posts, read 12,662,916 times
Default Odyssey vs Sienna

Doing research right now! We want a van, and we're looking at 2014-16 pre-owned cars. (With Carfax and warranty.) We've located a Sienna with nice features such as a moon roof, bluetooth and backseat climate control, and we like the way it handles (FWD), but we haven't been able to locate a comparable Odyssey within 30 miles of us yet, so we haven't test-driven one. We have owned Civics and CRVs since 1987, though, so we're "Honda people." We also owned a Toyota Corolla back in the 1990s, and we liked it just fine.

Autotrader seems to give slightly higher marks to the Odyssey, but the Sienna gets really good marks, too. Does anybody here besides EA (I really appreciate the post!) own a 2014/15/16 Odyssey? Any pros and cons will be highly appreciated. (We're probably never going to removed the 2nd row of seats, but the third row will be folded down permanently. We need all the space in back for road trips.)

Old 09-12-2017, 12:20 PM

1,146 posts, read 1,413,192 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EA View Post
I just picked up a 2015 ex. There's a few quirks I'm not fond of but overall it's pretty great.

I have the keyless start and you can't turn it off leaving the radio and such on. You hit the button and everything shuts off. Then you have to hit the button again to turn the radio back on. You have to leave it in gear and shut it off to keep things on.

A trick to keep the radio on:

- Shift car to Neutral
- Hit Start/Stop button
- Radio stays on (AC/heat turns off though)
- Shift to Park

Old 09-12-2017, 12:42 PM

1,146 posts, read 1,413,192 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark Fork Fantast View Post
Doing research right now! We want a van, and we're looking at 2014-16 pre-owned cars. (With Carfax and warranty.) We've located a Sienna with nice features such as a moon roof, bluetooth and backseat climate control, and we like the way it handles (FWD), but we haven't been able to locate a comparable Odyssey within 30 miles of us yet, so we haven't test-driven one. We have owned Civics and CRVs since 1987, though, so we're "Honda people." We also owned a Toyota Corolla back in the 1990s, and we liked it just fine.

Autotrader seems to give slightly higher marks to the Odyssey, but the Sienna gets really good marks, too. Does anybody here besides EA (I really appreciate the post!) own a 2014/15/16 Odyssey? Any pros and cons will be highly appreciated. (We're probably never going to removed the 2nd row of seats, but the third row will be folded down permanently. We need all the space in back for road trips.)
I have a 2015 EX-L that I leased and I have 38,000 miles on it. I love it. The only gripes I have about is the road noise and the infotainment system is slow and can be hard to touch (causing you to have to take eyes off the road for a moment), but it is older tech.

But apparently those two items have been fixed for the 2018 model.

Old 09-19-2017, 06:54 AM

557 posts, read 864,549 times
2014 Honda Odyssey EX-L Passenger Van owner here. Bought our Ody in 2015 used with low miles. Regular maintenance done and no real issues to con about. We love our Ody.

Old 12-26-2017, 02:28 PM

3,698 posts, read 1,362,147 times
2007 ex-l... love it with a few minor caveats. These drive great, like a sporty sedan. VCM is annoying but easily disabled. Timing belt service at 105k is costly. Most maintenance is designed to be dealer only. Nav system is a curiousity but useless compared to google maps though it gives you some useful additional features like your clock is always on time. All the entertainment stuff works fine after 11 years.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Honda and Acura