Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-22-2007, 06:37 PM

1 posts, read 5,738 times

Advertisements

I am going to install cultured stone on the front of my home. I just got done puting up a scratch coat and i am seeing hairline cracks about 2-3 inches long in different spots of the scratch coat. I used 2.5 lb galvanized metal lath over felt paper, which is over plywood. The lath was hung tight horizontal every 6-7 inches vertical and horizontal with 2 inch galvanized roofing nails going into both the studs and the plywood. I used type n premixed mortar with a soft mud consistancy. The mortar would hang on my trowel for a second or two, then fall off. It was not a very hot or too cold of a day, it was about 75 degrees outside. Are hairline cracks normal on the scratch coat? Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House