Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-20-2015, 07:18 AM

1 posts, read 1,302 times

Advertisements

can you you re-coat over BEHR deck-over with BEHR deck-over or a similar product. I did my concrete patio almost 2 years ago it looks dirty plus I have 2 minor concrete repair that will need to be fixed then coated , it may not match with the old so I'm going to to clean it to see if that will work.Any suggestions?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-20-2015, 11:54 AM

15,700 posts, read 17,046,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dj painter View Post
can you you re-coat over BEHR deck-over with BEHR deck-over or a similar product. I did my concrete patio almost 2 years ago it looks dirty plus I have 2 minor concrete repair that will need to be fixed then coated , it may not match with the old so I'm going to to clean it to see if that will work. Any suggestions?
Go to their site and contact customer service.

www.behr.com/deckover

Old 06-08-2015, 07:06 AM

84 posts, read 229,711 times
Hi, I am in the process of refinishing my deck and bought the Rustro-leum Rescue 4x. I didn't think I need to research on this. Home Depot sale rep was recommended it too. I went home and applied a coat of the paint on my deck and then found out about all the terrible reviews afterward. Anyways, long story short, I now want to use the Olympic product but am wondering if I need to first strip the Rustro-leum product? The reason I am debating is... the paint is not chipping or peeling as of now. If I just apply another layer of Olympic paint, that will probably stay? Your thoughts? Afterall, I just went through the whole process of sanding it down.....

Old 07-25-2016, 10:45 AM

1 posts, read 736 times
I have had so many issues getting my old peeling Restore off my decks. The only remedy I found was pouring boiling water on the paint, it peels right up! Here's a good YouTube video to watch that explains how to peel it up:

[url]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aUf-dr1cAPM&sns=em[/url]

Old 07-27-2016, 12:24 PM

2,983 posts, read 3,092,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HomeImproveDude View Post
I think all the positive crap you see on the internet is done by folks who are getting paid to advertise the product since the reviews are so one sided.

And as a counter point to that, ALL the negative reviews are by one time posters who are not valued members of the community. Notice that all long time members of this community who have used this stuff are pretty satisfied overall and have had good luck. Now why do you think that THEY would be shills and one time posters are NOT? You signed up, called yourself HomeImproveDude and yet have contributed nothing to any home improvement threads on this forum except this ONE post a few years back. Maybe you're the troll.

Sorry, gotta go with long time, respected posters on this one.

Old 07-27-2016, 10:51 PM

17,475 posts, read 66,054,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiffer E38 View Post
And as a counter point to that, ALL the negative reviews are by one time posters who are not valued members of the community. Notice that all long time members of this community who have used this stuff are pretty satisfied overall and have had good luck. Now why do you think that THEY would be shills and one time posters are NOT? You signed up, called yourself HomeImproveDude and yet have contributed nothing to any home improvement threads on this forum except this ONE post a few years back. Maybe you're the troll.

Sorry, gotta go with long time, respected posters on this one.

You don't get out much do you?

There is a pending Classaction Lawsuit against Rusoleum for the Restore product. Right now it stands at 5 states- and there is possibly more states to be added. The link is the Transfer Order combining the initial states that are involved now-

http://www.paintsquare.com/ckfinder/...3-0--27385.pdf

A one-time post doesn't make one a liar; but they may feel compelled to be a "town crier"- besides, what's in a name?

Old 07-28-2016, 08:18 AM

2,983 posts, read 3,092,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by K'ledgeBldr View Post
A one-time post doesn't make one a liar; but they may feel compelled to be a "town crier"- besides, what's in a name?

It's easy to complain anonymously on the internet and make up stuff just to see your opinion in print. It happens all the time on Yelp, and other review lists. I don't take any stock in someone signing up for free for ONE post.

And what's in a name? If you're gonna call yourself a HomeImproveDude and post on a home improvement forum, one would THINK that you'd post in more threads than just one to complain about something. Which leads me to believe the post is shady, as he obviously has absolutely nothing of import to give to the home improvement community in general.

Old 05-20-2017, 04:07 PM

1 posts, read 502 times
Have had restore 10X on a dock....yes, over water, for 3 years....Midwest winters, rains and 100 degree temps. Has withstood grandchildren, dogs, and various woodland creatures. Not a single problem. Applied as suggested, followed directions and had no problem. Still going strong this year. Hate to see a good product taken off market because a few "problems" by "diy" people who have underlying issues that would cause any product to fail. Cover it with rubber mats......that may be the only thing that will make you happy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House