Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-04-2013, 12:10 AM

322 posts, read 937,479 times

Advertisements

I recently bought a swim spa but I am having issues with the dealer, specifically getting help or service in a reasonable amount of time.
I had to wait almost 2 weeks for someone to come out and fix a pump issue (an issue which occurred within the first week of using the tub), and most of the waiting was for a confirmation of when a repair tech could show up.
I have also been waiting for well over a month for some accessories that were supposed to be included with the tub but for some reason have yet to be delivered.
There have been several other issues with this dealer, so I am wondering if I am committed to using them for any and all non-user friendly repairs and maintenance or can I find a different company to handle them?
The tub's warranty may be a factor, but reviews of other spa owners claim the manufacturer doesn't always honor it. I'd rather pay knowing the tub will be fixed in a specified time frame than wait weeks for someone to show up and fix it anyway.
If any other hot tub/spa owners had similar issues, please let me know what course you took. Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-04-2013, 11:03 AM

5,641 posts, read 24,949,730 times
I moved into a property with a spa and found quickly that there are few reliable service organizations and they do charge a healthy hourly rate and high retail for parts. I wound up printing all the documentation from the internet and do my own service buying parts online.

Old 08-05-2013, 01:35 PM

167 posts, read 359,193 times
We have used the dealer for repairs. Our dealer has been very god. I guess we got lucky.

Old 12-06-2016, 05:07 AM

4,690 posts, read 10,415,863 times
I'm a DIY guy, it's very good for my soul to work on/repair/improve things. If you're not the same way, then start looking for someone else to do the work. If the Mfg isn't known to be good and you Know that the dealer is a complete waste then treat it as if you have no warranty (until a big issue appears, and so long as you have receipts showing competent work, the Magnuson-Moss warranty act provides you protection from requiring a Specific entity from doing the work ~ https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Magnus...s_Warranty_Act ).

So, just start shopping around for someone better or think about doing it yourself. In the mean time, for the stuff you're still waiting on.... the squeaky wheel gets the grease. Be a persistent thorn, call them daily (both the dealer and the Mfg), yes it wastes your time but you Will drive them to the point of wanting to get you what's due so you stop bothering them.

Old 12-06-2016, 07:13 AM

400 posts, read 573,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdelena View Post
I moved into a property with a spa and found quickly that there are few reliable service organizations and they do charge a healthy hourly rate and high retail for parts. I wound up printing all the documentation from the internet and do my own service buying parts online.
This has been my experience as well. We don't have any local dealers that are responsive and charge a fair price for parts. IE less than a 200% markup on what I could buy it for online. I just replaced my circulation pump and heater relay board. $300 for the parts online, I shudder to think what the local cost would have been for parts and labor. Probably north of $1,000 for sure.

You aren't committed to using your dealer, any more than someone who buys a new car is committed to using that dealer. Some do, because it makes them feel better. But there is no commitment, warranty wise or otherwise.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House