Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-14-2008, 08:02 AM

371 posts, read 2,030,354 times

Advertisements

Can anyone tell me how you make a loft bed? I mean make the bed that's on top of the loft. My husband built a loft bed this weekend and I am at a loss on how to make the bed. I cannot get up on it to tuck in the sheets. Should I just buy a warm comforter and forget the sheets and blanket???? Thanks for any suggestions one might have.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-14-2008, 07:46 PM

Location: Sometimes Maryland, sometimes NoVA. Depends on the day of the week
1,501 posts, read 11,754,434 times
Who is sleeping on the bed? Let the person sleeping on it make it. Kids under 6 shouldn't be on bunk/loft beds, and kids over 6 can start learning to make their own bed

Old 01-16-2008, 07:02 AM

371 posts, read 2,030,354 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rubytue View Post
Who is sleeping on the bed? Let the person sleeping on it make it. Kids under 6 shouldn't be on bunk/loft beds, and kids over 6 can start learning to make their own bed
Well I guess I'm in trouble because my son is 5 years old. He loves the loft bed Dad made for him this past weekend and if I took it down I would break his heart. Dad found plans for the loft bed on the Family Fun website. They actually worked together and built it. They are BOTH very proud of their accomplishment. I was thinking a good down comforter with a fitted sheet underneath might work. I just don't want it hanging over the edges, if possible. Thanks for posting Rubytue.

Old 01-16-2008, 07:35 AM

1,502 posts, read 7,380,080 times
When my daughter had one, she had to get up there to make it. I told her that I could not make it due to the fact that I had no head room. My son now has the bed and my daughter still makes it for her.

How I got my daughter to learn to make it is she was on the bed and I walked her through tucking in each corner. I am sure your son could learn this especially if he really likes the bed. Our bed had slats on the side so once my daughter got the sheets in place I could atleast tuck the 2 corners in better. I told her that she didn't want the sheets to come off so she needed to get the sheets tucked as far down the mattress as possible. There were some nights that the sheets were in array by morning but she survived

Old 01-16-2008, 09:14 AM

2,349 posts, read 10,657,750 times
We kinda have a bed like that. It's two crib mattresses which NO sheet will cover so I got one of those cozy fleece blankets and jammed the edges between the mattresses and wall/edges. Works great.

Old 01-16-2008, 09:26 AM

2,489 posts, read 7,213,315 times
We had this problem with my son's bunk bed from Ikea. We used a mattress we already had instead of buying theirs big mistake. It just fit inside the frame, putting on a fitted sheet was an utter pain. I ended up having to push up the mattress on one end, put that side on, then prop up the other side and finish it. As for having the bed look made, forget it. The sheets and comforter wouldn't fit in between the side of the bed and the mattress. I finally just had him pull his comforter over the the bed as best he could. It just never looked right.

Old 01-16-2008, 11:45 AM

604 posts, read 4,622,424 times
my 8 year son has bunk beads with nice matching fitted sheets....I just fold his top sheet up and put under the pillow, and he uses a blanket rarely, but we just fold and hang over the edge. My mom knit/chrochet it to be the same size as the top of the mattress.

I ccouldn't imagine trying to tuck in a top sheet all the time, I have a hard enough time switching out the fitted sheet.

Duvet covers are nice b/c you can easily make from 2 sheets sewn together and placed over an existing comforter. Makes it easier to fit in washing machine.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House