Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-29-2015, 08:24 PM

274 posts, read 678,527 times

Advertisements

My husband and I bought and installed Morningstar Anji strand bamboo in our house. Then my mother calls and says "I just heard Lumber Liquidators is being sued for not passing formaldehyde emissions tests blah blah." So, naturally, I'm concerned. I looked it up and found out that she was right. There is a huge class action lawsuit against LL and their products. I'm VERY concerned. It mainly says "laminate" flooring but it is not limited to that type of floor. Their factories are in China and are supposedly tested to pass California standards, but the lawsuit states that most fail the tests. Question: does anyone else have LL flooring? What are my rights if my flooring is found to be faulty? Reading the comments on the lawsuit website is scary...people with sinus problems, headaches, and even diagnosed with Leukemia years after having the flooring installed--a probable cause from being exposed to high amounts of formaldehyde. I'm a new homeowner, trying to get pregnant, and now am fearful that my floors could be killing me. What can I do? Does anyone else have experience with this?

Last edited by Ultrarunner; 03-30-2015 at 09:54 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-29-2015, 11:01 PM

44,622 posts, read 61,590,826 times
Check these threads out, there has been much discussion about Lumber Liquidators on these threads from a few weeks ago. .
http://www.city-data.com/forum/searc...rchid=16608363 Scroll down and you'll see the LL threads.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House