Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-14-2008, 02:30 PM

35,879 posts, read 77,506,170 times

Advertisements

So glad you came back and updated us! Have wondered about your situation. I hope you will get a really good buyer who will appreciate your home and make a decent offer.

Keeping fingers crossed . . . Good luck . . . we are waiting for you down here in NC!!!! Ani
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-14-2008, 02:31 PM

7,573 posts, read 10,621,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anifani821 View Post
So glad you came back and updated us! Have wondered about your situation. I hope you will get a really good buyer who will appreciate your home and make a decent offer.

Keeping fingers crossed . . . Good luck . . . we are waiting for you down here in NC!!!! Ani
Now that is a warm welcome Ani, thank you!

Old 02-16-2008, 08:56 AM

update...

I thought some of you would get a kick out of this. The buyers for our house that walked away 2 weeks ago? Well, guess they're regretting doing so and are now trying to come back under contract. Of course, they want a substantial list of credits to do so. We're just ignoring them for the time being. Jeannie

Old 02-19-2008, 08:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeannie216 View Post
update...

I thought some of you would get a kick out of this. The buyers for our house that walked away 2 weeks ago? Well, guess they're regretting doing so and are now trying to come back under contract. Of course, they want a substantial list of credits to do so. We're just ignoring them for the time being. Jeannie
Jeannie - this is simply RICH!!! You gotta keep us updated. Keep coming back if you don't mind! I am now quite embroiled in seeing your house get sold!

Old 02-21-2008, 08:58 AM

Well, we got a second request from the buyer's attorney today. They would like to come under contract again minus their last request for any repairs. Everything as is, expect septic repair which we agreed to initially. We will let them sweat it out for a couple of days but yes, I think we may be outta here!

Old 02-21-2008, 09:37 AM

Quote:
Well, we got a second request from the buyer's attorney today. They would like to come under contract again minus their last request for any repairs. Everything as is, expect septic repair which we agreed to initially. We will let them sweat it out for a couple of days but yes, I think we may be outta here!
HA HA HA HA!!! Arent you glad you stuck to your guns on this whole situation? You have a unique property and they cannot replace it w/ another home! I love it! I would make sure these people have no wiggle room. Make sure you contract states "AS IS" if you go forward. If they don't want to sign it w/ the legal term "AS IS" then no go. At least, I suggest you consider that.

Wishing you good luck. I have not seen you post on the Charlotte forum - does this mean you are planning on moving to the RDU area or to western NC? I was hoping you were coming to Charlotte.

Old 02-21-2008, 10:22 AM

Quote:
HA HA HA HA!!! Arent you glad you stuck to your guns on this whole situation? You have a unique property and they cannot replace it w/ another home! I love it! I would make sure these people have no wiggle room. Make sure you contract states "AS IS" if you go forward. If they don't want to sign it w/ the legal term "AS IS" then no go. At least, I suggest you consider that.

Wishing you good luck. I have not seen you post on the Charlotte forum - does this mean you are planning on moving to the RDU area or to western NC? I was hoping you were coming to Charlotte.
Yes, I think its going to be outside of Raleigh, Johnston County. We're going to rent first to get a feel for the area. AS IS is a great idea. I will make sure my lawyer writes it up that way. I'll keep you posted.

Old 02-26-2008, 10:14 PM

New contract agreed to by the buyers...everything as is, all home inspections have been satisfied, disposal field to be repaired only, closing date March 31st, North Carolina, here we come! Now, how do I do this all in 5 weeks!

Old 02-27-2008, 07:06 AM

Quote:
New contract agreed to by the buyers...everything as is, all home inspections have been satisfied, disposal field to be repaired only, closing date March 31st, North Carolina, here we come! Now, how do I do this all in 5 weeks!
OMGosh, Jeannie! Woo Hoo!!!! So glad this has finally worked out for you! I have been watching the thread and keeping my fingers crossed. That "as is" legal language in the contract . . . something I learned "back in the day" when I had my real estate license . . . and has worked for me on one of my own houses, w/ a contentious buyer that I just did not trust. So I am thrilled for you!

I know you are not moving to Charlotte, but if you should suddenly change your mind . . . let me know! Meanwhile, as for packing, I might start a thread on how to pack up and get the heck out in a month or less. I have plenty of suggestions and I am sure others do, too!

Again, congratulations . . . what a relief to have this whole crazy debacle over . . . Rational minds prevailed! It was fun getting to "know" you on this thread . . . and looking forward to hearing from you when you get settled in NC. You gotta come back and tell us about the new area you settle in . . . don't forget us here on CD!!!!

Old 02-27-2008, 07:09 AM

Quote:
OMGosh, Jeannie! Woo Hoo!!!! So glad this has finally worked out for you! I have been watching the thread and keeping my fingers crossed. That "as is" legal language in the contract . . . something I learned "back in the day" when I had my real estate license . . . and has worked for me on one of my own houses, w/ a contentious buyer that I just did not trust. So I am thrilled for you!

I know you are not moving to Charlotte, but if you should suddenly change your mind . . . let me know! Meanwhile, as for packing, I might start a thread on how to pack up and get the heck out in a month or less. I have plenty of suggestions and I am sure others do, too!

Again, congratulations . . . what a relief to have this whole crazy debacle over . . . Rational minds prevailed! It was fun getting to "know" you on this thread . . . and looking forward to hearing from you when you get settled in NC. You gotta come back and tell us about the new area you settle in . . . don't forget us here on CD!!!!
oh, I'll never forget everyone here and all the help that was offered to me throughout the process. That is a good idea Ani for a thread, thank you. I'll be speaking with you again! Jeannie
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House