Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-01-2015, 10:07 AM

2,144 posts, read 1,879,783 times

Advertisements

We clean the house on a rotating room-by-room schedule. Monday is kitchen, Tuesday is bathrooms, Wednesday is living room, etc. We have Sunday or Saturday off, depending what we are doing.

Laundry is done at least 2 times per week around here. Of course things like wiping off counters, cleaning up messes is done every day no matter what room is scheduled. The lawn gets mowed when the grass gets too tall. That depends on weather, etc.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-02-2015, 08:51 AM

17,077 posts, read 13,372,917 times
Laundry: as needed, usually two to three times a week
Sheets: once a week
Bathrooms: deep cleaned once a week, wiped down daily
Furniture dusted: once a week
Carpets swept: once a week
Carpets shampooed: once a year
Kitchen floor: washed when needed, swept daily
Kitchen cleaned: after every meal
Lawn mowed: once a week during growing season
Ceiling fan: every couple of months
Furnace filter: monthly

Old 04-02-2015, 09:16 AM

18,528 posts, read 18,757,013 times
I tend to do the same things every day and some weekly or monthly..

Brush floors, hoover and mop twice a day usually.. small house..so not a big deal..

some days use my steamer for the floors and large rug..

clean toilet every day.wash the bath twice after both of us as he doesnt believe in cleaning it.. mmmm

dust every day. never polish, dont use anything like that in the house..

windows.. once a week unless raining

fridge.once a week or fortnightly.

change bed , once a week but change sheets twice.

tiles in kitchen a rub down every other day round the cooker area but the rest gets done every few months.or if Im feeling energetic..

cooker every day but oven once a fortnight , I use those carbon sheets so doesnt get too messy.

Try to stay on top of wardrobes and cuboards but the hall cupboard gets messy with toys..

yesterday i did small odd jobs like cleaning out the bathroom cabinet and painted inside as it had some small stains..

Moved the bed and cleaned under it..

Washing every day or every two days..but thats no housework. thats done for you with a button..then hang it out if not raining, but usually on a dryer in the house and the tumble..

Ill let you into a secret.. before I got my first computer 12 years ago my home was gleaming.. now its clean but not the same.... Im far too much tied to this thing.... as it broke a couple of years ago and I was in a diffrent mode... got up inthe morning and instead of turning this on I turned on the kettle and got the kitchen done right away.. no dilly dallying around.. then had my tea and got tore in.. to the rest of the house.. then tidied outside a bit every day...it made a new woman of me...then when that was all done by about eleven Id have my bath and go a long walk to the bigger shops.. so I got exercise and air.. now ive an ar--e you could sit a tea tray on...... are any of you the same hahahaha.
I decorate about every two or three years.
Clean the decking with jet hose once a year then put decking stain on ..

Last edited by dizzybint; 04-02-2015 at 09:26 AM..

Old 04-02-2015, 10:43 AM

41,965 posts, read 75,205,836 times
I do chores when they need doing. No need to stress out trying to keep up with an arbitrary schedule.

Chores like scooping the cat boxes, washing dishes, tidying the bath and bedroom are done daily, but that is when they need doing.

Old 04-02-2015, 10:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiogirl81 View Post
I do chores when they need doing. No need to stress out trying to keep up with an arbitrary schedule.

Chores like scooping the cat boxes, washing dishes, tidying the bath and bedroom are done daily, but that is when they need doing.
No thats true but as soon as I wake I start thinking of what needs done ,always have so suppose always will but I have slowed down a lot..

Old 04-02-2015, 10:53 AM

50,378 posts, read 63,993,273 times
Well, I'll tell you what I don't do often enough, apparently... Today, I was looking under the sofa for something that dropped, and I couldn't believe the dust under there. I blame it on the pollen and the doors being open, but jeeze, it's embarrassing.

Old 04-02-2015, 10:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gentlearts View Post
Well, I'll tell you what I don't do often enough, apparently... Today, I was looking under the sofa for something that dropped, and I couldn't believe the dust under there. I blame it on the pollen and the doors being open, but jeeze, it's embarrassing.
hahahah wellllllllll my hubby insisted on putting his large half done jigsaw under one of my couches weeks ago.. when I said. You cant do that I have to hoover.. he said.. OH itll be done in a week...NOT.so Ill get into bother if I move it.. sadly...shoosht dont say.... Ive hoovered up some pieces and not told him ...

Old 04-02-2015, 11:40 AM

3,184 posts, read 4,847,793 times
Wow I'm a total slob compared to the posters here. We do chores as needed. We vacuum when furball tumbleweeds start showing up, about once a week maybe every other week. Haven't washed the floors or shampooed the carpets yet (moved in last summer). Bathrooms? Scrub the shower when it starts getting gross, every 4-6 weeks probably. Toilets a bit more often. Kitchen? We wipe down the counters if we make a mess. Deep clean once a month maybe. We don't make many messes and keep the sink free of dishes.

I mow the lawn most weekends during the summer. If we even have grass. We're still trying to get a hang of the whole yard work thing, there's a bunch of trees and plants we have no idea how to contain.

Our house isn't exactly spotless but it's clean enough for me. I do about 90% of the chores/housework.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House