Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-28-2016, 07:02 AM

6 posts, read 34,953 times

Advertisements

I recently bought a Samsung front loading washer. Seems to be a heck of a piece of equipment,
except that it doesn't give hot water on the hot setting. The book gives me the song and dance about how the government has decided we don't need hot water for laundry. It is a Model WF45K6200AW/A2. Does anyone know how to modify this machine so it dispenses hot water
when on hot water setting?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-28-2016, 07:52 AM

2,336 posts, read 2,563,161 times
Just stating the obvious, make sure the hot water valve is open and the hose isn't kinked or pinched. Check the hose filter screens. Verify the hoses are hooked up to the right inlets. Disconnect the hot hose and check the flow and temperature.

Old 09-28-2016, 07:59 AM

2,221 posts, read 2,093,145 times
My guess is there is nothing wrong with the machine at all. The problem is, probably that you are too far away from the hot water source. Front loaders use very little water, so by the time the washer is satisfied on the amount of water the load needs, it shuts off before the hot water ever gets there. My washer is just after my kitchen sink, which makes it pretty far from the water heater. What I do is run the hot water in the kitchen sink til it comes out hot. Then start the washer on the hot setting.

Old 09-28-2016, 11:59 AM

5,717 posts, read 18,909,338 times
The morons in DC are the ones that have made the makers of washers pretty much eliminate the hot water. They apparently think they know more than you and so to protect you from being stupid, they have taken control of your washer. Now you can't have a washer with hot water and you can't control the water level either because everybody but them is a dumbazz. That's why I have a Speed Queen. You can get hot water and you control how much water. But that ends with 2017 production of the Speed Queen. So if you're smarter than the washer, buy a Speed Queen or put up with the Gov't mandated crap that mostly doesn't work. Design life of current washers is only 8 years now. Speed Queen will last for decades. SQ is not a cheap date though.

Old 09-28-2016, 01:27 PM

6 posts, read 34,953 times
Default Modify

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrapperL View Post
The morons in DC are the ones that have made the makers of washers pretty much eliminate the hot water. They apparently think they know more than you and so to protect you from being stupid, they have taken control of your washer. Now you can't have a washer with hot water and you can't control the water level either because everybody but them is a dumbazz. That's why I have a Speed Queen. You can get hot water and you control how much water. But that ends with 2017 production of the Speed Queen. So if you're smarter than the washer, buy a Speed Queen or put up with the Gov't mandated crap that mostly doesn't work. Design life of current washers is only 8 years now. Speed Queen will last for decades. SQ is not a cheap date though.
Someone has to know how to modify this thing so it will give hot water. My guess it's an electronic
module.

Old 09-28-2016, 01:55 PM

11,412 posts, read 7,798,329 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by buscobill View Post
I recently bought a Samsung front loading washer. Seems to be a heck of a piece of equipment,
except that it doesn't give hot water on the hot setting. The book gives me the song and dance about how the government has decided we don't need hot water for laundry. It is a Model WF45K6200AW/A2. Does anyone know how to modify this machine so it dispenses hot water
when on hot water setting?
We bought a new Samsung front load washer and dryer last month so I still have the Users Manual on my desk. The model is different than yours - WF42H45200A. We are getting hot water when we choose that setting. It also has a sanitize cycle that according to the manual heats the water to 150 degrees to eliminate bacteria, but I haven't used that one yet. I don't see anything in the manual about the government saying we don't need hot water, just instructions on how to select water temp.

Is your washer still under warranty? If I recall correctly, Samsung carries a 12 month warranty so you should be able to have someone come out at no charge to check it out.

Old 09-28-2016, 02:12 PM

11,230 posts, read 9,308,278 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LIcenter View Post
My guess is there is nothing wrong with the machine at all. The problem is, probably that you are too far away from the hot water source. Front loaders use very little water, so by the time the washer is satisfied on the amount of water the load needs, it shuts off before the hot water ever gets there. My washer is just after my kitchen sink, which makes it pretty far from the water heater. What I do is run the hot water in the kitchen sink til it comes out hot. Then start the washer on the hot setting.
This sounds like the explanation to me. No conspiracy needed.

Old 09-28-2016, 02:52 PM

7,244 posts, read 7,066,230 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LIcenter View Post
This.

Front loaders are designed to use little water. Unless the hot water heater is near the washer, it'll probably never get hot.

Old 09-28-2016, 04:39 PM

11,412 posts, read 7,798,329 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kab0906 View Post
This.

Front loaders are designed to use little water. Unless the hot water heater is near the washer, it'll probably never get hot.
That makes perfect sense. Our washer is near the water heater, but I swear the pipes for the upstairs bath sink must go down the street and around the block based on how long you have to wait for hot water to wash your hands.

Old 09-28-2016, 06:00 PM

4,567 posts, read 10,650,140 times
These samsung washers are exploding. LINK
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House