Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-14-2017, 01:30 PM

24,508 posts, read 10,825,052 times

Advertisements

Beast is 1 1/2 years old and we are not on friendly terms. Frigidaire Gallery installed by the builder. SO surprised me yesterday with 'the new one has four weeks delivery'. ??? He did not order it.

Two people, we cook daily, party excess is no issue as we are a pretty good team when it comes to cleaning up. Lots of glass ware and china, limited pots, most plates are at the size limit. It has to run daily. It has to undermount in the kitchen island facing the stove, SS please.

I have not done any research as so far my supply house guy in Alabama (never met him) covered four complete kitchens but he moved onto other things.

Budget - somewhat generous. Stove GE Monogram (does the job).

CD has some experienced contractors and remodelers - I am not a techi. Show me which button to push and I am happy as long as it does the job.

What are your suggestions? Beast has to leave and will be rehomed. A friend with three kids will take him in.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-14-2017, 01:51 PM

2,684 posts, read 2,398,512 times
I just installed a new dishwasher a couple days ago in a home I'm renting. I've owned many dishwashers in the past- Frigidaire, Jenn Air, Bosch, and low end Maytag, and a few others. None have cleaned as well as this new one- it's a mid-range Maytag, but the sticker on the floor model at the store said "most powerful pump on the market".

It's seriously the cleanest I've ever seen my dishes. Everything comes out looking like brand new dishes. It's also pretty quiet. It is a Maytag MDB4949SDZ. The Home Depot website has over 8,000 reviews for it and nearly five stars overall, which is amazing.

I managed to purchase mine for around $350 because I took a floor model home with me (it's for a home we're renting so we didn't want to pay too much), but now we're thinking of taking it with us when the lease is up since it's so amazing.

Old 06-14-2017, 02:03 PM

5,717 posts, read 18,914,437 times
Wife wanted all new appliances last year so we did all of them. This is the model she has in Slate finish rather than stainless. The Slate doesn't get nasty looking like stainless can from just fingerprints. The thing is so quiet I never know when it's running. Everything comes out spotlessly clean and she's a happy camper. So everything is good at home. A dishwasher is a no brainer to install. The only thing I recommend to folks since I've put in a few hundred of them, is to install all of the hoses and run them out the back of the unit thru the cabinet. Pull them thru the opening to the supply outlet as you slide the unit into the cabinet opening. It takes 2 screws to screw it to either the side or the counter top. Most often the factory instructions will have you put the hoses on after it's in the hole- pretty stupid trying to get a hose connection complete with about an inch of room especially when you could have all them done when you could put the machine on its back and have a complete room to use up for space.
https://www.lowes.com/pd/GE-48-Decib...FQWLaQodIEwDWg

Old 06-14-2017, 02:19 PM

14,785 posts, read 24,075,496 times
love my frigidare gallery brand new stainless steel and it also has the no fingerprint finish and it is great so those of you who have a thing about fingerprints may I suggest the no fingerprint finish it is great . I think they are spiffy and nice looking and add something to kitchen . I just like Frigidaire . I don't care for GE or Samsung nasty pieces and don't work well for me never have .

Old 06-14-2017, 07:36 PM

6,816 posts, read 11,536,435 times
A couple of years ago we replaced an incredibly noisy Whirlpool for a Sears 12793 with a sound rating of 39db. It is extremely quiet and the dishes are plenty clean. Kitchenaid has a near clone - KDTE254ESS. The lower wash arm is slightly different. If quiet is important to you - like you have an open floor plan home, I highly recommend something with 39db.

Old 06-14-2017, 07:41 PM

1,708 posts, read 1,144,099 times
Three Bosch in 15 years -- but we used it almost two times a day. The latest model we had is super super quiet.

Old 06-14-2017, 08:22 PM

17,708 posts, read 29,804,344 times
Bosch
Buy one with a list price of >$951

Old 06-14-2017, 09:18 PM

10,222 posts, read 19,204,852 times
The Kitchenaid/Whirlpool (same maker, same dishwasher, pretty much) dishwashers are a safe choice; as you move up the price range you get quieter dishwashers. Then there's Bosch and Miele, which cost more but the owners seem to love them.

Old 06-14-2017, 10:29 PM

37,594 posts, read 45,966,010 times
Kitchenaid. All day long.

Old 06-15-2017, 07:46 AM

5,641 posts, read 24,948,076 times
We have been most happy with Bosch.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House