Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-23-2021, 01:31 PM

31,771 posts, read 40,684,570 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curly Q. Bobalink View Post
As a random reader, it doesn't sound like Kat is the one with the hurt fee-fees. I've had some pretty mediocre, gamey venison, and I've had some that was outstanding, just like my experience with beefsteak.
that is good, i was beginning to feel guilty. i dont want to upset someone over some gamey meat.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-23-2021, 02:52 PM

335 posts, read 166,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blue777 View Post
Was outside doing some lawn work when a truck drove up in my driveway. He introduced himself as a neighbor that lives across the street deep in a wooded area. I've been living at my house for two years and this is the first time I've seen him but I do see his house during the fall.

I have a lot of acreage on both sides of my house as well as behind it and he said that he sees deer cross the street into my yard and was wondering if I could give him permission to shoot them on my property. He said he would like to set up a spot way in the back of my house because that is where he sees a lot of them run towards. He said he would share the deer meat for every single one he shoots and wouldn't use a rifle, but a crossbow instead.

What do you think?
Why wouldn't you extend this generosity to a neighbor? Seems ample opportunity to make a friend! Enjoy life

Old 01-26-2021, 07:28 AM

13,714 posts, read 12,424,223 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainNJ View Post
what makes it healthier than any other meat?

my brother told me that i would understand the meaning of something tasting gamey once i tried venison.
It's extremely lean, because deer are wild animals, which means they don't have their food brought to them, and they have to be able to flee quickly from predators. By the same token a farm raised duck is going to be more tender and fattier than a wild one that flies from Canada to the Gulf or Mexico every year.

Old 01-26-2021, 11:06 AM

31,771 posts, read 40,684,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JONOV View Post
It's extremely lean, because deer are wild animals, which means they don't have their food brought to them, and they have to be able to flee quickly from predators. By the same token a farm raised duck is going to be more tender and fattier than a wild one that flies from Canada to the Gulf or Mexico every year.
fat isnt unhealthy, its part of a balanced diet.

Old 01-27-2021, 06:37 PM

19,743 posts, read 22,650,289 times
I have acreage and I bow hunt on it occasionally. My neighbors are okay with me shooting on their property and/or retrieving an animal on their property. No paperwork/agreement required. They like the venison salami we make.

Well this is Montana too- so there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House