Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-24-2022, 12:41 PM

14,249 posts, read 14,740,927 times

Advertisements

I am single (widower) and I use:

1. Small stainless fry pan for steaks.
2. Small coated fry pan for small things like eggs. (T-fal)
3. Large coated fry pan for spaghetti sauce type stuff. (T-fal)
4. Small coated sauce pan for general cooking like heating soup. (T-fal)
5. Large coated sauce pan for pasta. (T-fal)

I could get by with #1, #3, and #5.

I have a crock pot that I use maybe 3-4 times year. Beef stew, chili, corn beef and cabbage. I get 3 to 4 meals out of one batch.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-24-2022, 04:39 PM

17,710 posts, read 29,829,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gentlearts View Post
Cutco, serrated knife
Cutco paring knife
Chefs knife for chopping
Cutco is not very good.
There are much better brands.

Old 10-24-2022, 04:51 PM

15,144 posts, read 27,791,000 times
Might have missed it but WHY have to pick only three? Cutlery isn't in the pots/pans group.

Old 10-24-2022, 10:20 PM

7,566 posts, read 3,248,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flamingo13 View Post
Might have missed it but WHY have to pick only three? Cutlery isn't in the pots/pans group.
Ask OP. OP was trying to find out the most sought after pans.

Interesting. I just got a notification on a class action suit against All Clad. Apparently they were supposed to be dishwasher safe; but, some of them developed a sharp edge. So, now I need to read up on that and discover whether any of my pots and pans have a sharp edge. I will probably start with this top 3 pots and pans list to prioritize the pans I analyze. LOL

Old 10-25-2022, 08:09 AM

3,048 posts, read 1,152,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wile E. Coyote View Post
Ask OP. OP was trying to find out the most sought after pans.

Interesting. I just got a notification on a class action suit against All Clad. Apparently they were supposed to be dishwasher safe; but, some of them developed a sharp edge. So, now I need to read up on that and discover whether any of my pots and pans have a sharp edge. I will probably start with this top 3 pots and pans list to prioritize the pans I analyze. LOL
I got the same notification, but I ignored it. I've never put my All-Clad pans in a dishwasher.

Old 10-25-2022, 11:38 AM

37,617 posts, read 46,006,789 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kj1065 View Post
I got the same notification, but I ignored it. I've never put my All-Clad pans in a dishwasher.
Nor do I.

Old 10-25-2022, 09:35 PM

7,566 posts, read 3,248,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kj1065 View Post
Well, when they replace mine I guess I won't either.

Old 10-26-2022, 06:27 AM

8,418 posts, read 7,417,538 times
I thought about this thread while making breakfast this morning. The dishwasher is broken, so the pots, pans, and dishes pile up until I get around to washing them. (Mental note - wash the dishes, wash the glasses, wash the flatware, clean the kitchen, mop the kitchen floor, call the repairman, try to keep things clean until the repairman shows up.)

I can't get down to just three pots/pans. I use the 6" sauce pan for oatmeal, for soup, beans, scrambled eggs, spaghetti sauce, and rice. I use the 12" cast iron skillet for bacon and fried eggs. I use the 10" sauce pan for frozen vegetables. I use a large pot for boiling pasta. And finally (and these might not count) I use a baking pan for chicken breasts and I use a baking sheet for the occasional batch of cookies or Cornish pasties. That's 4 or 6, not 3.

Old 10-26-2022, 06:32 AM

3,048 posts, read 1,152,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by djmilf View Post
I thought about this thread while making breakfast this morning. The dishwasher is broken, so the pots, pans, and dishes pile up until I get around to washing them. (Mental note - wash the dishes, wash the glasses, wash the flatware, clean the kitchen, mop the kitchen floor, call the repairman, try to keep things clean until the repairman shows up.)

I can't get down to just three pots/pans. I use the 6 inch sauce pan for oatmeal, for soup, for beans, for scrambled eggs, and for rice. I use the 12" cast iron skillet for bacon and for fried eggs. I use a 10" sauce pan for frozen vegetables. I use a large pot for boiling pasta. And finally (and these might not count) I use a baking pan for chicken breasts and I use a baking sheet for the occasional batch of cookies or Cornish pasties. That's 4 or 6, not 3.
Yes. I'm fine with a small pot, large pot, and skillet for stove top use, and perhaps that's what the OP meant, but I don't know how I could do without a half-sheet pan for the oven. I'm minimalist in the kitchen and always have been, but I really do need a heavy-duty sheet pan to complete my kitchen essentials.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House