Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-15-2007, 07:23 PM

1,025 posts, read 4,095,696 times

Advertisements

So far, I am underwhelmed by the Scrubby Bubbles thingy. I don't know why I was expecting a more forceful spray action.

I plan to use it faithfully for an entire three week period before I declare success or failure, unless the batteries die. I doubt that I'll be able to refrain from scrubbing the shower manually, but if it seems to be working well enough, I'll try to continue the experiment. (I started with a sparkling clean shower/tub area.)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-15-2007, 07:33 PM

1,590 posts, read 1,668,942 times
Default Since I'm a chemist...

...I have access to 35% hydrogen peroxide. Works great! It'll burn the hell out of you, though.

Old 03-18-2007, 03:31 PM

338 posts, read 1,445,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunshinegirl View Post
Didn't seem real cost effective to me. I used Easy-Off "Bam" last night. It worked great!
THAT EASY-OFF BAM stuff is CRAZY! It cleans your drains and strips floors...try not to breathe in too much!

Old 03-18-2007, 03:41 PM

2,815 posts, read 12,986,901 times
I like keeping a roll of the wet Clorox wipes in the bathrooms so I can quickly clean the counters and toilet surfaces and know I killed the unseen boogies! For me, it's bleach water in a bucket for the tile floors, even though it leaves streaks. I prefer knowing it's clean over seeing that it has no streaks and I'm not convinced Pinesol actually sterilizes surfaces.
For the shower, I have hard water, so occasionally I'll take a sprayer of calcium and buildup dissolver (Lime Away) into the shower with me and spray the glass doors and the tile and then scrub the deposits off then use the shower to clean me and rinse the surfaces
My cats jump on everything and I know their feet contact their feces in the litter box (even though I clean it out constantly), so I don't trust the cleanliness of surfaces in the kitchen or bathrooms until I run a Clorox wipe over them or wash them in a sponge soaked in bleach water (I never catch my cats on the kitchen counters....but I know when I'm not looking or in the same room that they're jumping around because they know they aren't supposed to be on those counters and I hear the sound of feet hitting the floor when they figure out I'm on my way! Sneaky lil' devils).

Last edited by MoMark; 03-18-2007 at 04:41 PM..

Old 03-18-2007, 04:57 PM

5,019 posts, read 14,115,073 times
Quote:
I never catch my cats on the kitchen counters....but I know when I'm not looking or in the same room that they're jumping around because they know they aren't supposed to be on those counters and I hear the sound of feet hitting the floor when they figure out I'm on my way! Sneaky lil' devils
LOL!

Same thing happens at our house.

One never sees the kitties on the counter, nor the dog on the couch, but footprints and puffs of pet hair tell another story.

I'm trying to go towards more "gentle" methods of cleaning (lots of vinegar and baking soda) but I still keep a spray bottle of mild bleach/water solution handy. I also like the enzymatic pet-stain cleaners (e.g. Simple Solution).

Old 03-18-2007, 09:13 PM

1,913 posts, read 8,908,132 times
I use one thing and one thing only. Simple Green. It will clean walls and tile very nicely. Since it can be used in so many different areas I cut my products down to 1-2 bottles, thus saving money...and I'm all about the dollar.

http://consumer.simplegreen.com/

Old 03-21-2007, 12:31 PM

2,976 posts, read 13,374,223 times
Clorox, and then again, some more Clorox. The floors are cleaned with Akemi because they are stone. I have a spray bottle of Clorox in each bathroom along with the wipes. On occasion I use Lime Away because of build up. I am just a nut in keeping my bathrooms clean and kitchen, too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House