Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-17-2009, 12:35 PM

24,832 posts, read 37,348,515 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by potatosoup View Post
What is a screen? What is GPM? I will go to the town and ask for this info, but it's a tiny town (less than a few thousand people) I highly doubt they have such stuff on file.

I had a septic and well inspection, and water tests all came back fine. Are you talking about issues that affect health or just mechanics of the well?
Who inspected the well? All counties have health departments and keep records. Who ever did the inspection should have the log. If there is no log, that is bad. GPM=gallons per minute. If you were in Michigan I could get you the log on line.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-17-2009, 12:44 PM

186 posts, read 849,027 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Driller1 View Post
Who inspected the well? All counties have health departments and keep records. Who ever did the inspection should have the log. If there is no log, that is bad. GPM=gallons per minute. If you were in Michigan I could get you the log on line.
So this tells us how much water there is down there? I had a septic guy inspect the tank and the well, not sure he really did much with the well.

Old 06-17-2009, 12:52 PM

Quote:
So this tells us how much water there is down there? I had a septic guy inspect the tank and the well, not sure he really did much with the well.
He is NOT qualified. If you paid for the well, get your money back. One of the most common calls I get is, "we just bought this house and we have no water, dirty water". Ect......

BTW, tell the health department he charged you for a well inspection.

Old 06-17-2009, 01:02 PM

Quote:
He is NOT qualified. If you paid for the well, get your money back. One of the most common calls I get is, "we just bought this house and we have no water, dirty water". Ect......

BTW, tell the health department he charged you for a well inspection.
I may be wrong, possible he didn't look at the well. I may be assuming. If the water was dirty, wouldn't the water tests have shown that?

Old 06-17-2009, 01:06 PM

Quote:
I may be wrong, possible he didn't look at the well. I may be assuming. If the water was dirty, wouldn't the water tests have shown that?
No, just if it has bacteria. Be sure on the well, they are expensive. BTW, how do you know they did not just put bottled water in the test bottles???

Old 06-17-2009, 08:07 PM

Quote:
No, just if it has bacteria. Be sure on the well, they are expensive. BTW, how do you know they did not just put bottled water in the test bottles???
My home inspector collected the water from their sink. Unless they rigged a sophisticated system to run bottled water through the sink, I think I'm pretty safe with the results of that test. My home inspector is a deal breaker kind of guy. He wrote a 140 page report. His ethics are unimpeachable.

Old 06-17-2009, 08:31 PM

Quote:
My home inspector collected the water from their sink. Unless they rigged a sophisticated system to run bottled water through the sink, I think I'm pretty safe with the results of that test. My home inspector is a deal breaker kind of guy. He wrote a 140 page report. His ethics are unimpeachable.
So, what did he write about the well??? Did you mail the bottles to the lab, or did he???

Old 06-18-2009, 07:07 AM

Quote:
So, what did he write about the well??? Did you mail the bottles to the lab, or did he???
Home inspector didn't do anything with the well, that was a septic guy. I will ask my realtor exactly what he did, if anything.

My home inspector picked up the water from the house and brought it to the lab. Seeing as the water tested positive for some levels of radon, I really doubt he was duped or is duping me.

So I will go further on the well info. Thanks for pointing it out. What exactly am I looking for? Presence of dirt? How do you test for that?

Old 06-18-2009, 08:24 PM

Quote:
Home inspector didn't do anything with the well, that was a septic guy. I will ask my realtor exactly what he did, if anything.

My home inspector picked up the water from the house and brought it to the lab. Seeing as the water tested positive for some levels of radon, I really doubt he was duped or is duping me.

So I will go further on the well info. Thanks for pointing it out. What exactly am I looking for? Presence of dirt? How do you test for that?
Get your well log.

Old 06-19-2009, 06:33 AM

The septic guy should have obtained that record from the health department and given it to you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House