Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-23-2009, 10:14 AM

13,258 posts, read 22,845,258 times

Advertisements

They're still pretty common in the Florida exburbs for service industry workers and retirees on fixed incomes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-23-2009, 02:33 PM

5,120 posts, read 16,599,761 times
Location: Prefer cul de sac not near freeway, busy street, train station, fire station airport, sewage treatment plant. Within 10 miles of work.

Not facing north (snowy driveways)

Not more than ten years old

Brick construction

Doube car (two single doors) garage

No split entry floor plans. I prefer craftsman style homes. But finding newer construction is challenging.

Manageable yard

Large bedrooms

No formal living room

No formal dining room

Two bathrooms (large shower)

Laundry room not closet

No lingering odors from previous tenants

Old 12-11-2009, 04:06 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,447,268 times
Besides the most obvious my frist choice would be a good foundation, and level walls. Then i would love a huge open great room, kitchen, and eating area with bay window. Large island in kitchen to fit 6 stools., and beautiful island light above. Painted in my choice of warm color tones. 5 brms 4 brms. Cherry wood cabinets with my present granite, and a beautiful full back splash as i now have. A eating area with a butler's pantry. A seperate office, with built in shelving. A Formal Living rm and Dining rm, with large energy efficent windows. LOCATION LOCATION LOCATION 4 car garage. RV ACCESS. A long wide entry way with gorgeous tile and wood in the DINING ROOM and Living room. Huge Master with 2 walk in closets for him and her and orgainzers. A built in music system, A fireplace that makes a statement in the M.B. AND L.R.
a HUGE WONDERFUL BACK YARD, WITH A HUGE PATIO WITH STAMP CONCRETE AND BORDERS FOR ENTERTAINING, WITH A BUILT IN BARBECUE, AN OUTSIDE KITCHEN, WITH FRIDGE, SINK, AND TV.
And a celebrity bathroom where i can lose myself in. High ceilings in a huge 4,000 sq ft SINGLE STORY home, and the most inviting view.Laundry room as i do have now and spoiled 12 ft long by 10 and tons of cabinets counters, and closets.. And not your typical box looking house, a home that has attitude, built in niches, columns, and a warm cozy feeling. GOSH ANY ONE WANT TO BUY ME ONE!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House