Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-04-2010, 11:38 AM

11 posts, read 25,157 times

Advertisements

how do you go about washing your clothes?
[SIZE=3]Do you take special care when washing clothes that are worn by people with skin related disease?[/SIZE]
[SIZE=3]Is doing the laundry a priority for you in terms of household chores?
[/SIZE]
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-04-2010, 01:04 PM

22,558 posts, read 47,614,734 times
What is up with all these questions?
I think someone is using this board as research for a paper, right?

Old 01-04-2010, 01:07 PM

18,462 posts, read 31,617,011 times
First, I dig through the hamper, sort all the colors from whites, blacks, towels. Deciede what I want to wash or whats needs to be washed, load up the laundry bag. Trudge down 4 flights of stairs into the cold, I then walk 4 long blocks to the Bay where I look for a rock. I then empty all my laundry into the water and beat it with a rock, wring it out and put it back into the laundry bag. I then throw the rock back into the water. Finally I walk back the 4 blocks in the cold, walk up the 4 flights of stairs, empty the wet laundry onto my kitchen table, sort it out, open the kitchen window and proceed to hang the wet laundry on my clothesline. The next day I take the laundry off the clothesline and fold it and put it away, only to look foward to doing another load the next day

oops, I mean I go to the laundromat...............

Old 01-04-2010, 02:15 PM

10,447 posts, read 49,643,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitt Chick View Post
What is up with all these questions?
I think someone is using this board as research for a paper, right?
Others have questioned the OP with just that question but they wont answer. A washing machine comes to mind for an answer. Trollish questions I see.

Old 01-04-2010, 02:36 PM

11 posts, read 25,157 times
guys why are u all questioning me, its a forum, isn’t this a place to post general questions, so please stop judging my questions please. thanks

Old 01-04-2010, 03:10 PM

8,003 posts, read 11,719,353 times
Hey, I don't care if you're writing a research paper or not...truly! If you can get some help for your paper on these boards....more power to you. I've had to do my share of research papers, LOL...you do what you can to get your information. Okay...here goes!

Having had 4 kids and a husband who was a fisherman...transformed to diesel mechanic, I certainly have plenty of experience at washing clothes! The guys' outer clothes get washed ALONE! They are nasty greasy and have to be washed in hot wash/warm rinse with double the detergent and a scoop or two of oxygen cleanser. They are double rinsed. White clothes are separated and washed in either warm/cold or hot/cold....and I used chlorine bleach. Towels and wash clothes are washed seperately and I don't use fabric softener. Our regular dark colored clothes are washed in warm/cold cycle as well as our medium colored fabrics. The only thing I wash in cold water are fine washables...silkies I call them. We are a family who gets dirty...but like our clothes being very clean, therefore, I feel like washing them in warm water is better. I never let the laundry sit...but wash clothes every day. The best stain remover I've ever used comes from the dollar store and it removes those pesky oily looking stains on dark clothes as well. It's called "Awesome" or "Amazin' Stain remover." Hope that answered some questions!

Old 01-04-2010, 03:15 PM

3,131 posts, read 11,643,687 times
I feel like I wash so much laundry that the neighbors must be secretly leaving their clothes for me to wash! LOL I sort by color..darks, whites, jeans, towels, sheets. then I have my "good clothes" category. I wash all clothes in cold water. I don't use expensive laundry detergent either. just Xtra. I try to buy the one with the least amount of fragrance. our clothes look fine and come out clean.

Old 01-04-2010, 03:34 PM

8,003 posts, read 11,719,353 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sgresident View Post
I feel like I wash so much laundry that the neighbors must be secretly leaving their clothes for me to wash! LOL I sort by color..darks, whites, jeans, towels, sheets. then I have my "good clothes" category. I wash all clothes in cold water. I don't use expensive laundry detergent either. just Xtra. I try to buy the one with the least amount of fragrance. our clothes look fine and come out clean.
Sometimes I feel the same way...course, I feel that way about dishes, too!!

Old 01-04-2010, 03:45 PM

8,309 posts, read 38,766,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zickla View Post
guys why are u all questioning me, its a forum, isn’t this a place to post general questions, so please stop judging my questions please. thanks
She (he?) is right. There are no stupid questions. However, paraphrasing Chris Berman, there are stupid people who ask questions.

Old 01-04-2010, 04:13 PM

10,447 posts, read 49,643,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zickla View Post
We will stop questioning you if you answer our questions. Is that fair? People are asking because your questions are a bit unusual. Dontcha think? Help us to help you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House