Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-27-2010, 11:50 PM

234 posts, read 682,645 times

Advertisements

Since I am new to NT - a couple of questions for you NT-veterans:
a) has anyone thought about synchronizing the lights on Hwy 90 - all they way to US 59 - doesnt make sense to stop at all of the 7 lights. Even when a train jogs thru the intersection of 90 & 6, the lanes on 90 should remain open, right?
b) how are the NTRCA meetings? i have been tied up with boy scout meetings and soccer.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-28-2010, 09:29 AM

279 posts, read 725,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dadsearchingforahouse View Post
Since I am new to NT - a couple of questions for you NT-veterans:
a) has anyone thought about synchronizing the lights on Hwy 90 - all they way to US 59 - doesnt make sense to stop at all of the 7 lights. Even when a train jogs thru the intersection of 90 & 6, the lanes on 90 should remain open, right?
The signals on 90 are pretty well synchronized between 59 and 6. The exception seems to be when a train passes, as each signal goes into its individual pre-emption routine and it takes several cycles for the signals to resynchronize.

Quote:
b) how are the NTRCA meetings? i have been tied up with boy scout meetings and soccer.
They are generally uneventful, but there seems to be one or two issues at every meeting that can be interesting. Generally, there are only about ten or so residents at the meetings, but when there's a controversial issue on the agenda (like the proposed cell tower this spring), it can be a zoo.

Old 09-28-2010, 12:20 PM

Thanks CDeb - I guess, I am the unlucky one on Hwy 90 then.

@ Topaz - Cunningham pool is awesome - my kids had a wonderful time in August picking a pool to go to every evening. I thought they would keep the pools open a couple of weeks more. Do you know if they re-started the splash pad?

Old 09-28-2010, 09:07 PM

139 posts, read 356,465 times
as I understand the east side of New Territory was where most of the premium sections and amenities are located. it would be a bad move to separate the community Middle School. But that probably has to do with Telfair and the fact that there will be a lot of kids in Telfair going to sartartia soon. they are over capacity already at the elementary school. That is with an estimated 10-15% of the kids going to private school. I heard cornerstone enrollment is at 970+.

Old 09-28-2010, 09:15 PM

4,760 posts, read 13,839,380 times
Quote:
Thanks CDeb - I guess, I am the unlucky one on Hwy 90 then.

@ Topaz - Cunningham pool is awesome - my kids had a wonderful time in August picking a pool to go to every evening. I thought they would keep the pools open a couple of weeks more. Do you know if they re-started the splash pad?
The splash pad isn't re-opened yet. I saw the line item in the budget where they plan to spend $30K to bring it into state compliance but there was no estimated re-open date listed. It has been out of commission for almost the entire summer.

Old 10-05-2010, 09:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topaz View Post
The splash pad isn't re-opened yet. I saw the line item in the budget where they plan to spend $30K to bring it into state compliance but there was no estimated re-open date listed. It has been out of commission for almost the entire summer.
Thought so - thanks for the info. The NT Inhouse newsletter still says its open through October... without any fine prints. So someone missed out editing it.

Old 10-05-2010, 11:47 AM

191 posts, read 774,003 times
Per the NTRCA, the Spray Park at Cunningham Creek has reopened.

Old 10-05-2010, 01:56 PM

4,760 posts, read 13,839,380 times
Quote:
Thought so - thanks for the info. The NT Inhouse newsletter still says its open through October... without any fine prints. So someone missed out editing it.
It just re-opened...the newsletter is correct...it will be open throughout October.

Old 10-06-2010, 08:54 AM

awesome - now need to wait for some warm(er) weather !
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston