Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-17-2015, 11:54 AM

2,465 posts, read 5,793,637 times

Advertisements

Did you just woke up? Most of the reliable tint firms / brands will pick up the manufactory warranty on double panes. Take for instance Huperoptik that I have on my windows for 4 years and running strong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by avTronic View Post
I know this is an old post but just wanted to advise everyone of one thing. A lot of window manufactures are only fabricating insulated glass now for their windows (dual pane glass with gap between them). Most of these same manufacturers (like the one I work for) state that any tint (inside or out) voids the warranty on the glass. Please check your warranties before considering tint for your windows.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-02-2015, 07:33 PM

2 posts, read 2,525 times
Default I don't know what you mean by "Did you just woke up?"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ethanw View Post
Did you just woke up? Most of the reliable tint firms / brands will pick up the manufactory warranty on double panes. Take for instance Huperoptik that I have on my windows for 4 years and running strong.
What tint manufactures say they will cover under a replacement warrant is not germane to my statement. As a rep that deals solely with the end user, one of my jobs is to inform them of these stipulations. Why would I bring up something I have no experience in and could not newer their questions on effective alternatives.
You can find other ways then to be rude exclaiming nonsense questions like did I just woke up. You don't even offer experience in the topic you brought up. Having Windows that have had no issues is even mor irrelevant than bring this while matter up. At least you could have enlighten us that you had a failed seal. That the tint company did not try to come up with all sorts of excuses as why it was not covered and they sent a crew out to replace an expensive piece of glass on under their replacement warranty.
It would impress me to hear that they ordered your replacement glass through the original manufacturer (at full retail cost, because why would they give them any discount). That they had a tech drive out an hour plus from their location to you. There was his time and the overhead of him being an employee (insurance & other benefits), the over head of a glass truck and fuel and all its overhead. The managers, schedulers and CSR that support him to get him out to jobs. It would really impress me that the tint company would not make it a huge headache to file such a claim and try hard to keep from spending over $400 plus to replace a single glass on a tint job that netted maybe $800 profit.
But you have no knowledge of such potential headaches associated with such ordeal and don't offer much to this discussion.

Old 10-03-2015, 07:02 AM

Ok now. Back to sleep.

Quote:
Originally Posted by avTronic View Post
What tint manufactures say they will cover under a replacement warrant is not germane to my statement. As a rep that deals solely with the end user, one of my jobs is to inform them of these stipulations. Why would I bring up something I have no experience in and could not newer their questions on effective alternatives.
You can find other ways then to be rude exclaiming nonsense questions like did I just woke up. You don't even offer experience in the topic you brought up. Having Windows that have had no issues is even mor irrelevant than bring this while matter up. At least you could have enlighten us that you had a failed seal. That the tint company did not try to come up with all sorts of excuses as why it was not covered and they sent a crew out to replace an expensive piece of glass on under their replacement warranty.
It would impress me to hear that they ordered your replacement glass through the original manufacturer (at full retail cost, because why would they give them any discount). That they had a tech drive out an hour plus from their location to you. There was his time and the overhead of him being an employee (insurance & other benefits), the over head of a glass truck and fuel and all its overhead. The managers, schedulers and CSR that support him to get him out to jobs. It would really impress me that the tint company would not make it a huge headache to file such a claim and try hard to keep from spending over $400 plus to replace a single glass on a tint job that netted maybe $800 profit.
But you have no knowledge of such potential headaches associated with such ordeal and don't offer much to this discussion.

Old 10-05-2015, 09:06 AM

1,201 posts, read 1,224,362 times
The reason I like tint is because is blocks uva and uvb and IR heat.. solor screens aren't going to do that.

Old 04-28-2016, 10:24 AM

69 posts, read 304,007 times
I like tint. Seems this is easy to diy, why you think diy is very difficult?

Old 04-29-2016, 02:08 PM

69 posts, read 304,007 times
Quote:
I have Champions double pane windows with 5 years warranty of the seal ONLY. No window company will cover accidental craks or any of that external damage. I never heard of 10 years warranty on double pane windows. Check your builder contract.

A reputable tint film company will replace the factory warranty with an identical one for for the same ammount of time. You must get the warranty from the film company and not the installer shop. And that's what diferentiate the big dogs from the small ones. HuperOptik is one of the reputable one.

We really need to provide accurate advice so people can make educated decisions. Of course listening to multiple people is very good as well as long you get out the accurate information.

How did you get HuperOptik warranty from company? Did you buy the film and install by yourself?

Old 04-30-2016, 06:36 AM

5,819 posts, read 7,235,127 times
Quote:
Not quite accurate. I just read their warranty. Their warranty covers failure only if "the HÃœPER OPTIK window film is found to have been the sole and direct cause of glass failure or seal failure".

So if the glass fails due to, for example, a bad seal, you are SOL. HuperOptik will deny the claim, saying it's a bad seal. And the window manuf will deny the claim, as any window with an applied tint invalidates the warranty.

The worst part is, you will almost never be able to prove what actually caused the seal failure. Each side will blame the other.

Old 04-30-2016, 10:11 AM

Back to sleep now mate. Just give it a rest, will you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by astrohip View Post
Not quite accurate. I just read their warranty. Their warranty covers failure only if "the HÃœPER OPTIK window film is found to have been the sole and direct cause of glass failure or seal failure".

So if the glass fails due to, for example, a bad seal, you are SOL. HuperOptik will deny the claim, saying it's a bad seal. And the window manuf will deny the claim, as any window with an applied tint invalidates the warranty.

The worst part is, you will almost never be able to prove what actually caused the seal failure. Each side will blame the other.

Old 04-30-2016, 10:13 AM

The installer will offer 5 years warranty through them and I understand they get their money back from the HuperOptik. But so far I have no issues and the film works as designed. Best money spent to be honest. So much better than the screens that I used to have in my older house.

Quote:
Originally Posted by truelies View Post
How did you get HuperOptik warranty from company? Did you buy the film and install by yourself?

Old 04-30-2016, 10:35 PM

5,819 posts, read 7,235,127 times
Quote:
Back to sleep now mate. Just give it a rest, will you?
I'm not sure you intended that remark for me. That was my first post in this thread, so I can't really "give it a rest", can I?

And the loophole in the warranty is worth pointing out for others.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston