Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-21-2010, 09:00 AM

4 posts, read 8,109 times

Advertisements

I've noticed a huge improvement in my community's appearance since Spectrum HOA Management took over and improved sales in community as well (I don't know if the two are related, I assume they are not completely unrelated though). As a part-time realtor it I can appreciate it since I do a lot of selling in my own "backyard" so to speak. I'm not typically a huge fan of HOAs or management companies but in this instance I've been impressed. Although, one time they did send me the wrong documents when I requested a resale certificate they went out of their way to make sure it was corrected without holding up my sale.

Its a tough market still, even here, but I think the landscaping improvements and the generally improved "cleanliness" of the community have really helped. Has anyone had any similar experience with this? I never would have thought it would make such a big difference.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-21-2010, 09:32 AM

54 posts, read 99,464 times
Good observation! I agree with you. My neighborhood is at the opposite end of the spectrum from yours. Our HOA / management company is terrible. As a result our neighborhood looks terrible. We have so many deed violations it's ridiculous and this being in a brand new neighborhood. Unfortunately we can't change management companies until the developer is done and the residents take over. A good management company will ensure people take care of their property and in turn will keep your home values higher. Who doesn't want to live in a pretty neighborhood?! I am all for a management company who stays on top of the deed violations!

Old 10-21-2010, 10:26 AM

430 posts, read 1,257,043 times
We had Spectrum while the developer was still in charge of our community. Our HOA Board switched to PMG as soon as they could end the contract with Spectrum, but it wasn't an improvement. Neither was outstanding, in my opinion. Mind you, I think it makes a difference who your actual community manager is...there are some excellent individual managers within both companies, we just don't seem to have gotten them.

Old 10-22-2010, 08:41 AM

4 posts, read 8,109 times
I agree with both of you. Unfortunately we live in a society where people are eager to shirk their responsibility to the neighborhood, unless there is some penalty. People are keeping up with their yards more now so I can only assume more letters are being sent to those individuals who do not keep up with their yard. I've noticed the entrances look better too.

As far as community managers, I agree that it makes all the difference in the world. It also helps when the Board members are of sound mind and are not developers (both of which I believe are true in our community, at least right now). Our Spectrum rep seems pretty sharp and is friendly. So far so good. I've dealt with some pretty bad ones at other Houston hoa management companies so its been refreshing.

Old 10-25-2010, 08:35 AM

8 posts, read 33,432 times
Hi Heather,

I noticed the same improvements when my community switched to Spectrum Association Management. They were much more proactive in addressing the aesthetics of the community along with various other things. I joined my HOA board not too long ago after serving in my old community for several years and Spectrum has been head and shoulders above the rest. I'm glad to hear your community is enjoying some swift sales increases. Thats good for everyone. Never under value a nicely manicured entrance, it speaks volumes.

I also agree that the quality of the individual servicing your account is very important but equally as important is the company's overall view of customer service. Our old company did not hold customer service in a very high regard and suffered the loss of our community as a result.

Old 12-01-2010, 12:58 PM

2 posts, read 7,035 times
Does anyone know what to do if your HOA will not provide their financials to the homeowners?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston