Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-04-2011, 02:12 PM

9,053 posts, read 17,201,105 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FDO View Post
Really?? We'll, that I am not aware..I thought when they say that's the end of it. That's it. I guess not...
No, Telfair won't keep going - it will be the next "new" (the builders will go further out). We've never had a sellers' market here because they just keep building in areas where there is land - and there is land out there - or just a few minutes out further - and a few minutes after that. In an area like the Energy Corridor, you don't have more land and it is close to the jobs. That is one reason why it appreciates like it does.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-04-2011, 02:37 PM

122 posts, read 477,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheryjohns View Post
No, Telfair won't keep going - it will be the next "new" (the builders will go further out). We've never had a sellers' market here because they just keep building in areas where there is land - and there is land out there - or just a few minutes out further - and a few minutes after that. In an area like the Energy Corridor, you don't have more land and it is close to the jobs. That is one reason why it appreciates like it does.
By the time Telfair finishes, they'll probably have started on the Imperial Sugar redevelopment. That's just on the opposite corner from Telfair. They've already started on the baseball stadium there, and I think the developer is just waiting on the economy to turn around a little before they start the residential component.

Old 04-04-2011, 04:43 PM

234 posts, read 681,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nimbusdog View Post
By the time Telfair finishes, they'll probably have started on the Imperial Sugar redevelopment. That's just on the opposite corner from Telfair. They've already started on the baseball stadium there, and I think the developer is just waiting on the economy to turn around a little before they start the residential component.
Nothing there will be cheap... and wont be as much as whats around Cinco... still.

Old 04-04-2011, 06:42 PM

4,760 posts, read 13,828,505 times
Quote:
It's not just Telfair that will affect Telfair, it's also Aliana and Riverstone. If you buy in Telfair and plan on living there at least 5 years, I wouldn't worry. It's the ones that move every couple of years that will not be happy.
Telfair has a much better location than Aliana or Riverstone or any new community that gets started farther out.

Old 04-04-2011, 07:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topaz View Post
Telfair has a much better location than Aliana or Riverstone or any new community that gets started farther out.
You are 100% correct - but don't discount the extreme (and sometimes not logical) preference for the new and shiny. I am not saying Telfair is not nicer than Aliana - at some point, buyers will pick Aliana new over a re-sale in Telfair because it is new. I know it doesn't make sense to some - but it's what they do. I have seen them select new linoleum over a 5 yr-old house with tile - new house carpet over a 5 yr-old house with hardwoods. I pointed out the difference - they still wanted new.

Old 04-07-2011, 04:44 PM

28 posts, read 95,423 times
I just talked to a couple of builders at Telfair, Ryland homes, Highland Homes, Beazer homes. in the 60 lot section.. all the above builders said that they will be closed out after they finish their current 60 lot section. Highland homes said that they don't have any 60 lot section inventory or lot available to build. all they have is thier current model homes and inventory in 70 lot. Highland home said they will no longer build the 60 lot section and clsoe out the 60 lot section in Telfair Beazear home said that there only remain a couples of lot available to choose from to build. in the section right next to 59, meritage aleady sold about 7-8 houses. so it sounds like the current 60 lot section buidlers is going to close out when they finish their current section lots.

Old 04-08-2011, 06:56 AM

5,429 posts, read 14,844,510 times
Quote:
Definitely... but for all the talk of Aliana being "out there", it's really not if you work in Westchase or the Energy Corridor compared to Telfair or Riverstone (which would be the furthest). I work near West Oaks and actually have to pass by Aliana going to and from work from west Sugar Land!

Quote:
I have seen them select new linoleum over a 5 yr-old house with tile - new house carpet over a 5 yr-old house with hardwoods. I pointed out the difference - they still wanted new.
Really? I could understand some passing up old carpet for new carpet or dated 80's/90's shiny white floor tiles covering the entire first floor for new style tile or hardwood... but passing up better materials for new linoleum? I hope you don't have many clients that!

Old 04-08-2011, 09:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK123 View Post
Definitely... but for all the talk of Aliana being "out there", it's really not if you work in Westchase or the Energy Corridor compared to Telfair or Riverstone (which would be the furthest). I work near West Oaks and actually have to pass by Aliana going to and from work from west Sugar Land!

Really? I could understand some passing up old carpet for new carpet or dated 80's/90's shiny white floor tiles covering the entire first floor for new style tile or hardwood... but passing up better materials for new linoleum? I hope you don't have many clients that!
Yes, passing up better materials for cheaper new. Unfortunately, there isn't a shortage of people with that mindset. Sometimes, you can make them understand that in 5 years, both won't be new and one will have better finishes still, while the other junk is ready to be replaced. Some things can't be made better later on the currently-new, like a small lot.

Old 04-08-2011, 08:19 PM

4,760 posts, read 13,828,505 times
Quote:
I have seen them select new linoleum over a 5 yr-old house with tile - new house carpet over a 5 yr-old house with hardwoods. I pointed out the difference - they still wanted new.
New linoleum over tile and new carpet over hardwoods? That is just plain weird!

Old 04-08-2011, 10:07 PM

Quote:
New linoleum over tile and new carpet over hardwoods? That is just plain weird!
I swear - people do it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston