Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-24-2011, 02:34 PM

18,495 posts, read 32,943,565 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NomadMitch View Post
Ok, I the listings I saw on HAR were mostly in the Hunters Glen subdivision. There were also some in the Briargate Subdivision. I'm not sure where that is in relationg to 2234 and cartwright so I don't know if its in the area that you are referring too.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 14Bricks View Post
Those neighborhoods are east of 2234/Texas pkwy. Definitely stay away from Briargate area.
Lol, those Briargate hoods are really ghetto. They don't really look run down but they are filled with little hoodlums.

The hoods close to Fuqua, are really ghetto, but the ones closer to Highway 6 are much better.

Saying all this however, I have cousins living in Briargate and I would spend time with them and we were out all times of the night when we were younger and didn't witness anything really rough, but that does not mean it is not still ghetto.

Lol be careful, some of the homes are on the cusp of Harris and FB or Houston/ Missouri City and both don't mind giving you tickets or making you pay something or the other, but when you need some service Houston will tell you call Missouri City and when you do Missouri City will tell you you are in Houston call them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-24-2011, 03:06 PM

16,508 posts, read 26,301,334 times
Quote:
Cool. What part of Louisiana are you from?
Do the crips run the whole area or just certain neighborhoods? The neighborhoods I saw Like Sienna and Lakes of Olypia looked really upscale. Now I know that they are way beyond my price range but I'm just saying it looked nice. I though Missouri was ranked as a good place to live.
Sorry it took so long to reply. I'm form Baton Rouge. I'm sure you founf your answer through these last couple pages, but I don't know that answer anyway.

Old 04-25-2011, 10:35 AM

1,743 posts, read 3,820,444 times
I know your budget is what your budget is...but honestly for $120K most of the neighborhoods are going to be sketchy. Is there any way you could save up a bit more money and rent until then? Try and find some really nice neighborhoods and schools and buy one of the lowest priced homes in that area. For instance, the Settlers Park neighborhood and Highlands neighborhood in Sugar Land are very nice. The homes are older, but you can get a nice little one story in the 130's. There are several more like this.

Old 04-25-2011, 10:41 AM

82 posts, read 255,822 times
Quote:
Hello. I will be moving to Houston in a month from Louisiana and I am looking to buy a house for me and my son. My budget is 120,000.
I was looking into the missouri city area, cause it seemed to have some very affordable listings especially considering that its the suburbs. But yet people have been saying that the area is ghetto has poor schools, and a crime problem. When I drove through along Texas State 6, I saw some very nice nieghborhoods and shopping areas and it looked very upscale. I don't understand. Where these people exagerrating. I didn't see what looked like a bad area.

Can anyone give me the scoop on Missouri City, Cause I saw some nice looking houses for 50,000-80,000 and I thats seems like a steal to me in today's real estate market.

Missouri City has good and bad areas. You will not get a decent house for 120,000 in the good neighborhoods.

Old 04-25-2011, 11:48 AM

4,244 posts, read 8,759,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by annie_himself View Post
I think Hoovers (crips) pretty much run that area, not sure of other gangs though.
Please tell me you're kidding.

Old 04-25-2011, 12:05 PM

16,508 posts, read 26,301,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by usc619 View Post
Please tell me you're kidding.
No. My past roommate was affiliated and I've met people from the Mo. I never said my statement was just, I am open for correction.

Old 04-26-2011, 03:50 PM

34 posts, read 107,474 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicksw10 View Post
Missouri City has good and bad areas. You will not get a decent house for 120,000 in the good neighborhoods.
I live in Missouri City, generally I agree with this. If you can get into Sienna for $120k go for it. Feel free to send me a message if you want to discuss specific areas. No gangs in the Mo City where I live.

Old 04-26-2011, 04:42 PM

867 posts, read 2,977,109 times
Hunter's Glen and Fonmeadow are the trouble spots within Mo. City.

Old 04-26-2011, 04:53 PM

867 posts, read 2,977,109 times
I can tell you that there are portions of Mo. City that are significantly black. I'm pretty sure that could have an effect on property values. (I'm NOT racist, BTW)

Old 04-26-2011, 04:55 PM

15,982 posts, read 35,206,894 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alphalogica View Post
I can tell you that there are portions of Mo. City that are significantly black. I'm pretty sure that could have an effect on property values. (I'm NOT racist, BTW)
You may not be racist, but misinformed you are. Poverty is the main culprit here.

You have majority black neighborhoods in Missouri that are perfectly safe.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston