Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-24-2011, 08:12 PM

5 posts, read 12,709 times

Advertisements

My husband and I are looking to buy our first home. We are settled on our decision to move to katy from west houston (I am a teacher in Katy and would not put our future children in any other district)! We have found two homes we love. One is in Falcon Ranch and the other is in Silver Ranch. I discovered by reading this forum that they are owned by the same developer. However, Silver Ranch is much newer and not very developed yet. There is no retail and lots of empty land. However, based on our first impressions, Falcon Ranch felt less safe. The houses were smaller and the neighborhood felt weathered, although its not even that old of an area either.

Does anyone know anything about either neighborhood that you'd like to share?

We wanted to find a house in Cinco but are running out of time and haven't had luck with homes there.

help!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-25-2011, 06:26 AM
cla

898 posts, read 3,308,023 times
Neither is bad, but I personally would look elsewhere. After living in the area for 6 years, I find Falcon Ranch to be a bit run down - I don't know what the HOA fees are, but they certainly aren't being used to maintain the common areas. The landscaping always looks sad and hapharzard. And even though SR is fairly new, I have driven through there and not been impressed with the common areas either - I feel that if a new community isn't keeping up the curb appeal now - what will it look like 10 years from now. However, if I HAD to choose one it would be SR just because it is newer, but I would plan on moving in a few years. Have you looked across the street at Pine Mill Ranch? I feel it is a step above the others. And as far as Cinco Ranch, I know my neighborhood has several homes for sale - the oil industry is a transient one and people are always transferring. I also like Cross Creek Ranch, and although it may seem far out there right now - Cinco Ranch Blvd has been extended to 1463 and will be extended across 1463 to CCR. That is only a couple of minutes away from Silver Ranch.

Old 05-25-2011, 09:06 PM

5 posts, read 12,709 times
are there any gas stations or convienance stores that are close by silver ranch or pine mill ranch??

Old 05-25-2011, 09:37 PM
cla

898 posts, read 3,308,023 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jabberly View Post
are there any gas stations or convienance stores that are close by silver ranch or pine mill ranch??
Yes, there is a gas station/convenience store very near the area - a couple of houses in PMR back to this particular store

Old 09-18-2011, 04:01 PM

11 posts, read 30,496 times
Where did ou guys end up a buying a home? Were you still looking for a place?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston