Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-15-2011, 11:09 AM

5 posts, read 26,266 times

Advertisements

We live in Montrose area, and have decided to go the private school route. We have a 3 year old, and are looking for a pre-K 3. We would like to put her in the best school possible, to avoid having to go through the admission process again later. Being fairly new to Houston.. I have limited knowledge of the schools.. but was impressed by these 3 on tours. Does anyone have experience with St. anne, AOS, or Presbyterian school? Any feedback, positive or negative would be GREATLY appreciated!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-15-2011, 02:11 PM

2,639 posts, read 8,285,669 times
I have had friends kids attend all three... St Anne had larger class sizes and was much more diverse than the other two. AOS great school community both of her kids went on to St Johns for HS. Presbyterian....mixed reviews. One friend moved her kids to ROB. Not sure on specifics but she wasnt that happy with it.

Old 12-15-2011, 05:28 PM

8 posts, read 20,137 times
Have you looked into St. Mark's Episcopal School in West U?

My sister, when she moved here, had a third grader and a toddler not yet in school, so when she was looking she was mainly interested in third grade and up. A year ago when her youngest started she was amazed at their early childhood department. Her eldest is in middle school now and she thinks it is great... Wonderful teachers, challenging curriculum and most kids get into all the good highschools... St. John's, Strake, St. Agnes, St. Thomas, and Episcopal.

Old 12-16-2011, 08:53 AM

I will look into St. Mark's episcopal as well..

Westres1, do you know if your friends were happy with the academics at St. Anne's. I like the idea of a diverse environment, but would want to make sure my daughter comes out well prepared.

Thanks again for your input!!

Old 12-16-2011, 11:43 AM

5,819 posts, read 7,228,136 times
Had two kids go to AOS (and then on to St. Johns). It is an excellent school--great teachers, a caring admin staff, yada yada. They both received a well-rounded education.

Old 12-16-2011, 12:04 PM

2,639 posts, read 8,285,669 times
I believe they are happy with the curriculum at St. Annes. It is very similiar to what you would find at most Catholic Elem....like St Cecilia

Old 12-17-2011, 04:28 PM

64 posts, read 135,025 times
I've heard only good things about St. Anne's and AOS (but I am also a parishioner at St. Anne's, so I am biased). My husband and I considered both those schools for our daughter.

I would apply to both places since they are so popular. St. Anne's does give preference to siblings of existing students and to parishioners.

Old 12-18-2011, 04:33 PM

Thanks for the input! We have applied to both programsl. I have heard a lot of good things about AOS, but have not heard as much (good or bad) about St. Anne's. I'd like to gather more info, because the tuition at St. Anne's is significantly less than any of the other private schools we have been looking at.

Old 12-28-2011, 08:01 AM

53 posts, read 204,739 times
I have heard that Presbyterian is an absolutely fabulous school, as well as River Oaks Baptist. Ofcourse, consider SJS and Kinkaid. I am not very familiar with St. Anne's or AOS. Presbyterian and AOS are both next to Montrose
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
View detailed profiles of: