Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-22-2012, 03:19 AM

1,336 posts, read 6,450,296 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cypresstosocal View Post
Hamilton has a different demographic than the middle schools zoned to Cy Ranch. I believe Cy Fair HS has club for gays and lesbians. But agree with the person above it should start in middle school. What I was trying to say is Cy Ranch kids are academically inclined, they worry about what their uptight parents( like me) will do if they are not 10%. What do I know? My kids are in elementary school. I'll tell you when I get to middle school, I'll probably change my mind aboutthiss whole thing.
Great video...fyi, Hamilton Middle is consistently rated one of the top Middle Schools in the Houston area and is usually the best in Cy-Fair year in and year out. As for academics and demographics, you seem somewhat clueless. The area Hamilton pulls from has some of the highest Avg. household incomes in Northwest Harris County, let alone Cy-Fair.

Last edited by Mr. Football; 04-22-2012 at 03:44 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-22-2012, 06:17 AM

168 posts, read 470,482 times
These look like the same people who were in the Koni 2012 video!

Just another example of Bandwagoning.

Old 04-22-2012, 02:55 PM

9,598 posts, read 16,580,626 times
As long as I have been in education and now working school to school I have learned that generally if a school makes a video such as this, it is usually because the topic at hand is an issue at the school at some level.

What school doesn't say no to bullying?

Old 04-22-2012, 04:52 PM

1,326 posts, read 3,454,691 times
I swear kids today are such wussies (really wanna say the word that starts with a 'p')
All I hear about is anti-bullying this and anti-bullying that
What ever happened to stepping up to bullies and getting them to leave you alone?
Nowadays kids run to the teacher when they get bullied and the bully damn near gets kicked out school
No wonder kids today can't adjust to the real world

Old 04-22-2012, 05:19 PM

9,598 posts, read 16,580,626 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RVD26 View Post
I swear kids today are such wussies (really wanna say the word that starts with a 'p')
All I hear about is anti-bullying this and anti-bullying that
What ever happened to stepping up to bullies and getting them to leave you alone?
Nowadays kids run to the teacher when they get bullied and the bully damn near gets kicked out school
No wonder kids today can't adjust to the real world
Anti-bullying measures are extremely important and you could argue even more important for the bully.

Bullies end up in jail if they don't learn in school because once they do what they do in the real world, someone calls the police and they go to jail.

Doesn't it make more sense to teach children to go to an authority figure when they are being bullied? It is extremely important that all students understand that in the real world, you can't call people names nor can you touch someone for any reason without consequences that can possibly alter your life forever.

And what kids can't adjust to the real world? If anything, they can't find a job because there aren't enough around.

Old 04-22-2012, 05:54 PM

1,326 posts, read 3,454,691 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crbcrbrgv View Post
Anti-bullying measures are extremely important and you could argue even more important for the bully.
Bullies end up in jail if they don't learn in school because once they do what they do in the real world, someone calls the police and they go to jail.

Doesn't it make more sense to teach children to go to an authority figure when they are being bullied? It is extremely important that all students understand that in the real world, you can't call people names nor can you touch someone for any reason without consequences that can possibly alter your life forever.

And what kids can't adjust to the real world? If anything, they can't find a job because there aren't enough around.
There are bullies everywhere in the real world, they don't necessarily have to be violent ones.
There are bullies in the workplace and other social settings.
The point is to be able to defend yourself and not allow yourself to get pushed around (figuratively of course).
Honestly a lot of kids today can't adjust to the real world b/c they want mommy and daddy to take care of everything for them.
People get picked on, it's a fact of life.
I've knew fat, ugly and gay kids that stood up to people and were able to defend themselves against bullies.
They didn't go running to their parents or to the teacher every time said something mean towards them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
View detailed profiles of: