Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-05-2012, 11:06 PM

127 posts, read 401,218 times

Advertisements

Hi all,

I'm looking for a recommendation of someone who is able to do a clean job on wall mounting my TV onto a stone fireplace. I don't need them to set it up or run wiring to the TV, just drill the holes and put a TV wall mounting bracket for me at a reason price.

While building my house, I had them run the wires and set up a conduit etc., but forgot to ask them to set up a wall mount for me .

Also if possible, I'm wondering how much it will run me to get this done.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-06-2012, 02:02 PM

142 posts, read 398,902 times
Call Richard with AddAnOutlet.com
He's done a lot of work in my house, including running tons of wire, mounting speakers and mounting TV's. I'm sure he will do a fantastic job for you, and his prices are the best I've found.

ADD AN OUTLET HOUSTON TX PHONE,CABLE,SATELLITE,INTERNET JACK INSTALLS

Old 06-16-2012, 09:33 PM

Thanks David!

Called him earlier this week and got him to mount the TV for me and it looks great. The pricing seems reasonable although I didn't like one thing about his service.
He asked me if I wanted to get my HDMI wires to be pulled through and attached to my TV and I said "sure". I didn't know how much he was going to charge me or really I didn't think I would get charged for doing that as it was an easy thing to do. But for $70 to just pull two HDMI cables through a conduit that is already there with a string set up is kinda expensive in my opinion. If I would of known that, I would of done it myself. The process is easy 1. tie the string to both hdmi cables 2. pull string and hdmi from the other end 3. plug the hdmi to the TV...that is like $70 of labor for a 5 mins. job.

Oh well, Overall he did a good job and I would probable use him again if needed since his price overall was still decent and the job was well done, but next time I would ask him for pricing on every little thing he does. This extra info of experience is for others who does read this posting of my overall experience.

Old 06-18-2012, 09:53 AM

142 posts, read 398,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CuriousMTA View Post
Thanks David!

Called him earlier this week and got him to mount the TV for me and it looks great. The pricing seems reasonable although I didn't like one thing about his service.
He asked me if I wanted to get my HDMI wires to be pulled through and attached to my TV and I said "sure". I didn't know how much he was going to charge me or really I didn't think I would get charged for doing that as it was an easy thing to do. But for $70 to just pull two HDMI cables through a conduit that is already there with a string set up is kinda expensive in my opinion. If I would of known that, I would of done it myself. The process is easy 1. tie the string to both hdmi cables 2. pull string and hdmi from the other end 3. plug the hdmi to the TV...that is like $70 of labor for a 5 mins. job.

Oh well, Overall he did a good job and I would probable use him again if needed since his price overall was still decent and the job was well done, but next time I would ask him for pricing on every little thing he does. This extra info of experience is for others who does read this posting of my overall experience.
Glad to hear you had a good experience. I've always known Richard to do quality work.

I agree that he should be a little more upfront about his pricing, but I know from experience that he's less expensive than just about anyone else, so it's hard to complain that much. The $70 to pull 2 cables does sound a bit pricey. For stuff that's not on his standard menu of services, he charges an hourly rate. If you use him again for anything, just mention your concerns and I'm sure he will work with you.

Old 06-18-2012, 05:30 PM

Yeah he seems to be a nice guy and for the workmanship provided, his pricing is good overall. I guess I should of mention my concern, but I didn't because his pricing is still fair even with the hdmi cable pulling additional charge. To me it was more of a surprise than anything else, therefore the reason why I am posting this. So that way if someone does use him, it won't be surprise. Again, I am happy with his job and the overall price I paid.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston