Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-20-2012, 05:26 PM

3,333 posts, read 9,175,701 times

Advertisements

Searching for women on a relocation board is just sad.

Ronnie
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-20-2012, 05:36 PM

1,475 posts, read 2,771,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HoustonRonnie View Post
Searching for women on a relocation board is just sad.

Ronnie

Who is searching for women? It's a cultural question that pertains to Houston. I live in Chicago btw. And this is not a re-location board.

Old 06-20-2012, 05:50 PM

2,086 posts, read 4,132,959 times
My IQ fell 30 points after reading this thread...

Old 06-20-2012, 06:41 PM

4,380 posts, read 4,625,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DejaBlue View Post
It's not so much Houston as it is a southern mentality.

By 25 you're just graduated a few years post college. There's still the mentality that for a girl you NEED to be married already or planning the wedding to the guy you were giving it up to between 18- when you graduated college.

That's just the South. You're suppose to marry the person you're sleeping with when you get your degree. I have friends who went to UT, A&M, Tech, ACU, Pepperdine, Sam, UH you name it. Between 2009-present I've been to a LOT of weddings. By January senior year the rings started popping up on fingers and it was a mad rush to travel to weddings literally right after graduation. It's hilarious. I've been to May graduations and early June weddings.

Then again I have tons of friends who aren't married still at now 25-26. Some just aren't ready and said no/gave then college boyfriend the hint that they didn't want to be a 22 year old bride and a 23 year old first time mother.

I have some baby showers this summer from some '10-'11 brides Damn. I love you guys but HOW much money do you have? Kids are expensive.

Though I hate to say it but it's true. This really applies mostly to white girls. I have friends of all races but my white friend are getting married like there's something in the water. Though a know a lot who still aren't. The ones who aren't though have a life plan. Not the 'I want to be a mom' and have no problems being a stay at home mom 2 years post spending $100k on school. I love them but everyone judges and I think it's a shame to spend $$$$$$$$$$$ on Pepperdine to be a stay at home mom and do jack nothing with what you paid a lot lot lot of money for. You could have just gotten married and saved that money. But whatever. You're having a boy in October so I need to buy something blue.

I'm black so marriage for me statistically is already in sad numbers. Though I'm open to everyone I have a staunch no children clause and that's for coming out of my body and step children. Unless the kids are old. I'm talking past child support age and their mom is nice as pie.
You a sista? Whoaaaaa,if so refreshing.

But umm to the ts,it is plenty of women in Houston that meet your requirement. Houston has some of the most finest and single women I've been to. It's up on my list as cities with alt of attractive women. And single. Look Houston is a busy city about business. Which has alt of women in there late 20s-early 30s w/ no kids. On the weekdays its all about business or school. But the weekends its all about that social life. If a guy can't find that in this city and there all over the place they might be unattractive to alt of women. And women might tell them the worst since there not that into you.

Old 06-20-2012, 07:48 PM

8,895 posts, read 20,002,567 times
lol .. I hear this same thing about so many cities. It's usually b.s. A friend said don't ever let your kids go to LSU - they'll come home with a wife and a degree.

Old 06-20-2012, 09:46 PM

2,945 posts, read 4,992,719 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by testmo View Post
I was raised and graduated from college here in Texas and no one I was friends with got married right out of college. I was a pretty sociable person back then. If you tend to hang out with an immature crowd (regardless of your age) you find more quick weddings and early divorces. if the person's background is "a little country" likely their parents married real young and the offspring tend to follow suit

at 38 is lurking on young girls really your priority? think about where you hang out and who you hang out with. are they putting out vibes of being a near middle age-er in a too young crowd?

i work with a lot of women professionals and most actually seem to be single and normal. more single than married
Not always a little country. You'd think it was a lot of shotgun weddings because people still push that but I only know of 2 where the kid came 5-7 months later. The rest were just education majors for the girls and something good paying for the guys. A lot of engineers. I respect education majors because someone has to teach these hellions but it's a real Mrs. Degree if your guy is going to make good money. A&M he'll be an engineer so why not just get married quick and start having kids so you can stay home with them. Life is set and good.

Professional women advanced in a career tend to be single. It's like she shouldn't have dreamed career if she wanted marriage.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redlionjr View Post

But umm to the ts,it is plenty of women in Houston that meet your requirement. Houston has some of the most finest and single women I've been to. It's up on my list as cities with alt of attractive women. And single. Look Houston is a busy city about business. Which has alt of women in there late 20s-early 30s w/ no kids. On the weekdays its all about business or school. But the weekends its all about that social life. If a guy can't find that in this city and there all over the place they might be unattractive to alt of women. And women might tell them the worst since there not that into you.
Refreshing?

Old 06-21-2012, 01:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DejaBlue View Post
Not always a little country. You'd think it was a lot of shotgun weddings because people still push that but I only know of 2 where the kid came 5-7 months later. The rest were just education majors for the girls and something good paying for the guys. A lot of engineers. I respect education majors because someone has to teach these hellions but it's a real Mrs. Degree if your guy is going to make good money. A&M he'll be an engineer so why not just get married quick and start having kids so you can stay home with them. Life is set and good.

Professional women advanced in a career tend to be single. It's like she shouldn't have dreamed career if she wanted marriage.

Refreshing?
Just stated cuz its mostly males on here and not to many brothas let alone a sista. Thats all im saying. Refreshing.

Old 06-21-2012, 10:07 AM

103 posts, read 136,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redlionjr View Post

Speak for yourself. Btw most brothas I know would hit just about anything...

Old 06-21-2012, 12:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Illủmiñatex View Post
Speak for yourself. Btw most brothas I know would hit just about anything...
Clearly im speaking for myself if its my opinon Cap Obvious. And most brothas you know huh? They say birds of a feather flock together so what does that say about you? And if not,why are you observing who black men date?? Hmmm no wonder you cant find the type of woment you "want" to busy observing black men. Suspect?? Peace

Old 06-21-2012, 04:18 PM

561 posts, read 972,700 times
I just graduated college and some of the people I knew in high school are getting married or are married. And the thing I noticed about the white folks that are getting married is that they all went to TEXAS A&M...

I think the reason why is the conservative planned out lifestyle that most suburban kids are taught. And TAMU is a very conservative school and they tend to encourage that type of lifestyle.

I do believe that its the southern values that are instilled at a young age where being married, having kids, living in an MPC is everyone's eventual destiny. Whereas in other parts of the country people are encouraged to do whatever they want and others should deal with it...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston