Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-27-2012, 12:20 PM

8,227 posts, read 11,148,176 times

Advertisements

‘Speed trap’ sign lands Houston pedestrian in jail | Newswatch | a Chron.com blog

When did HPD become the Gestapo? I guess we no longer have the freedom of speech in this city. Hey mayor parker I know you're too busy pushing your gay agenda to care, but why don't you try cleaning up your crooked police force. I hope this lady sues the city of houston.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-27-2012, 12:32 PM

97 posts, read 145,854 times
Great story to post. Unfortunately, ruined by your bigotry and hate.

Old 06-27-2012, 12:52 PM

105 posts, read 202,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 14Bricks View Post
I guess we no longer have the freedom of speech in this city. Hey mayor parker I know you're too busy pushing your gay agenda to care

Utterly unfortunate.

Old 06-27-2012, 01:14 PM

9,598 posts, read 16,568,283 times
Yes, Annisse Parker sure is pushing her gay agenda.

Because of her, I have lost 40 lbs, gotten man facials to make my face look nice, bought nicer clothes and now only go to bars where Michael Berry hangs out.

Oh, and my income went up about 25 percent.

As for the freedom of speech issue, it is against the law to do that. Did the cops overreact? Sure they did. But just as the cops have the right to not ticket the hottie in the convertible for going 90, they have the right to go overboard as they did in this case. Not saying it's right or wrong, but that's the way it is.

Perhaps a gay police chief would help alleviate these issues?

Old 06-27-2012, 01:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crbcrbrgv View Post
Yes, Annisse Parker sure is pushing her gay agenda.

Because of her, I have lost 40 lbs, gotten man facials to make my face look nice, bought nicer clothes and now only go to bars where Michael Berry hangs out.

Oh, and my income went up about 25 percent.

As for the freedom of speech issue, it is against the law to do that. Did the cops overreact? Sure they did. But just as the cops have the right to not ticket the hottie in the convertible for going 90, they have the right to go overboard as they did in this case. Not saying it's right or wrong, but that's the way it is.

Perhaps a gay police chief would help alleviate these issues?
Has the mayor not used her office to push her gay agenda? It is NOT agaisnt the law to warn people about speed traps, maybe if we had a mayor who knew the laws to actually reign in her corrupt police force. But most people are too stupid or apathetic to care.

Speed Trap Ahead » Rosebud, Texas Police Officer Fired Amidst Local Sign Controversy

Florida judge rules flashing lights for speed trap warning is covered under free speech

Old 06-27-2012, 01:40 PM

It IS illegal to interfere with a police officer's work. That's the issue.

This is why it is illegal to feed meters.

Old 06-27-2012, 01:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crbcrbrgv View Post
It IS illegal to interfere with a police officer's work. That's the issue.

This is why it is illegal to feed meters.
Again it is NOT illegal to warn people about speed traps, too bad most people in this country are just a bunch of sheep.

Florida Court Rules That Flashing Lights To Warn Other Drivers Of Speed Trap Is Protected Speech « JONATHAN TURLEY

Old 06-27-2012, 01:50 PM

Quote:
Again it is NOT illegal to warn people about speed traps, too bad most people in this country are just a bunch of sheep.

Florida Court Rules That Flashing Lights To Warn Other Drivers Of Speed Trap Is Protected Speech « JONATHAN TURLEY
What part of "It is illegal to interfere with police business" is so hard to understand?

This is not a free speech issue.

Old 06-27-2012, 01:52 PM

391 posts, read 923,010 times
Quote:
‘Speed trap’ sign lands Houston pedestrian in jail | Newswatch | a Chron.com blog

When did HPD become the Gestapo? I guess we no longer have the freedom of speech in this city. Hey mayor parker I know you're too busy pushing your gay agenda to care, but why don't you try cleaning up your crooked police force. I hope this lady sues the city of houston.
First off, putting down the mayor based on her sexual preference is just wrong!

Second off, it is a crime to alert drivers to a speed trap or oncoming police officer. You can get a ticket for flashing your lights at other drivers after passing a speed trap on the highway and being out in the open with a sign saying 'speed trap' is just one of the stupidest things I have ever heard of. This lady obviously doesn't know the law very well. Law abidding citizens don't stand on the street with a sign saying 'speed trap!' That's like saying to bank robbers "Don't rob this bank; there are cops in it!!!"

Third, have a nice day.

Old 06-27-2012, 01:53 PM

682 posts, read 1,942,314 times
What does a ruling in Florida have to do with Texas?

Flashing lights is one thing...but standing in the street with a sign? I guess it would be okay to warn people that are robbing a store to hurry up becase the police are coming too?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston