Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-02-2012, 04:59 PM

9,053 posts, read 17,211,463 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beto View Post
Are you looking for more Resale's or New homes?
OP said any age house.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-02-2012, 09:34 PM

58 posts, read 93,110 times
I've looked into Coles Crossing and it has the right price for the house, but I would prefer more of a pedestrian and more mature trees in the actual neighborhoods not lining the greenways and the main avenues of the subdivisions.

Kingswood and The Woodlands are more to my liking, but not quite in my price range.

I would prefer a resale home for the same reason I stated before, I want an established neighborhood, but I'm not totally opposed to New Construction.

I plan to check out Jersey Village and Katy throughout July.

Thanks for the info.

Old 07-03-2012, 09:41 AM

2,052 posts, read 5,878,282 times
Woodwind Lakes is another place to check out, close by Jersey Village. It is like The Woodlands; carved out of wooded acreage, but inside the beltway. Nice lakes and green spaces with David Weekley and Trendmaker homes, two of the top builders in Houston. There are actually several homes for sale in the $190s to $240s. But one drawback is the more expensive side of the neighborhood is zoned to a not too good middle school. We loved the area, but did not buy there due to the price at the time for the house we wanted and the middle school. The west section is now zoned to the same schools my kids go to.

Old 07-11-2012, 07:25 PM
fnh

2,888 posts, read 3,917,625 times
We live in the 'expensive' section of WWL and absolutely love the neighborhood, but we send our kids to private school. Most families do, or send the kids to the nearby Harmony School. The homes in the gated section (The Village, or Section 4) are zoned to better schools plus are cheaper (smaller) to boot. Homes in all sections have been selling briskly lately and there are only three active listings at this time.

I've said again and again what trbstang points out above, that traffic on 290 is terrible outside of the beltway. DH works downtown and traffic can be heavy at rush hour but even then it seldom takes him more than 30 minutes door to door.

Old 07-11-2012, 10:15 PM

670 posts, read 1,443,670 times
We live in Deerfield Village and love it. Homes from the late 70s to early 90s. Check it out on HAR.
Also great name, as I'm the father of twin girls too, turning 2 next month
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston