Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-24-2012, 09:42 PM

9,598 posts, read 16,603,079 times

Advertisements

This is a bizarre thread.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-24-2012, 11:17 PM

21 posts, read 52,302 times
Exactly, maybe everyone is unemployed and can't even begin to direct me for that matter themselfs in any direction. These are simple questions that if someone knows the city and certain jobs might know how to answer or for that matter throw something out there. Maybe this is the wrong forum to ask. I'm going to try indeed or simply hiring and get some better feedback and stop wasting my here. Not even one company was introduced so that should tell you something. I'm sure this forum is great for other factors with work not being one of them. Anyway, it's nothing personal i just know not to be wasting my time depending on an answer. You get in what you put out so that should always be the best way to think when it comes to everything and anything else in Houston, TX Knowledge is power! knowing is half the battle now....

Last edited by 3dfuzion; 07-24-2012 at 11:32 PM..

Old 07-25-2012, 07:11 AM

1,297 posts, read 3,109,582 times
Well I mentioned Aerotek and staffing companies. If you want a call center look into just energy. There's have a big office near the galleria that I'm sure they're hiring for.

I barely moved here and that's what I know already. If you look up just energy I bet you can find similar jobs too. There's also customer device position for the engineering companies.

I also saw posts for the government so government jobs is another site.

I'm not a recruiter so I can't tell you everything but that should help you enough right there.
Plus, before I started a full time job I did a lot of independent contract work that I chose to do and made on avg $2500 a month. A lot of those jobs I found under gigs on Craigslist. You just have to find the right ones.

Again I posted earlier and if you can't find something out all I mentioned you're straight up not tryin lol.

Old 07-25-2012, 02:34 PM

21 posts, read 52,302 times
Great! Thanks eastontracks for the post.

Old 07-25-2012, 11:04 PM

25 posts, read 59,850 times
When you say tech sales are you meaning something along the lines of a Best Buy consumer sales? Or more on the level of corporate sales?

Old 07-26-2012, 12:38 AM

13 posts, read 18,665 times
Try the work source the can help you

Old 07-26-2012, 01:11 PM

4 posts, read 8,690 times
When I first moved to Houston 3 yrs ago it took me 1 full year to land a job. I got a job with the State of Texas, worked there for almost 2 years and now I work for Dept of Homeland Security....THANK GOD!!!...But try going online and search for some State jobs, United Health Group is always hiring, I had a couple interviews with them....Good Luck on your job search I hope you find something soon...

Old 07-26-2012, 01:14 PM

4 posts, read 8,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfessionalSury View Post
I moved to a new city WITHOUT a new job first because I had looked for several months in my former city with no luck at a job. I had NO money except enough for a Bus ticket out. To interview and travel back and forth between cities that are several hours apart would take $$$. More money than I had.

So I picked up and moved and went straight into a Shelter in the new city. I found work relatively quickly and eventually moved out of the Shelter.

Yes. It is preferred to find a job first but it will be difficult if one doesn't have money to go back and forth to interview.

Oh God thats sad....I hope you find something soon..I also moved here without a job....

Old 07-26-2012, 02:04 PM

399 posts, read 706,711 times
go to www.workintexas.com and register. When you post your resume and all it will help you find jobs in your field. Wishing you luck. Took me a couple of months to find a job when I first moved to Houston. Then I was employed for about a year then unemployed for about 16 months. Finally found another job but it sure took a toll on me and the family. Wishing you luck! Welcome to Houston.

Old 07-26-2012, 02:11 PM

79 posts, read 302,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfessionalSury View Post
To be a consultant don't you need consulting experience? Don't you have to be an expert in your field?
Not if you apply for entry level positions.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
View detailed profiles of: