Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-11-2015, 10:28 AM

951 posts, read 1,453,273 times

Advertisements

I live in Stafford in Grove west neighborhood so it is not Meadows Place just Stafford

I know there is a Stafford Elementary School, does anyone know ratings/quality on this?

Also, are there any other options?

Charter, exemplary, private?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-11-2015, 01:52 PM

676 posts, read 932,376 times
Stafford schools are average. Not the best, but not terrible. You could do private if you are willing to pay for it.

Old 03-11-2015, 02:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilikeme View Post
Stafford schools are average. Not the best, but not terrible. You could do private if you are willing to pay for it.
Is private the only other option I have?

How about charter schools?

Old 03-11-2015, 03:47 PM

17,183 posts, read 22,926,164 times
Stafford Schools - Stafford, TX | GreatSchools

Find Good School: Charter Schools in or near STAFFORD, TX

There do not seem to be any in Stafford, but some may be close enough to use.

Of course, imo, most Charter schools do not perform any better than the non-Charter public schools.

Old 03-12-2015, 09:05 AM

Any recommendation on charter schools?

It seems like Stafford Elementary school is way below my expectation

Old 03-12-2015, 11:01 AM

5,615 posts, read 4,945,618 times
I what manner is it below your expectations, in a manner that you couldn't control - meaning the control you have over your child? I can see your statement being justified if the school isn't offering programs that you'd expect to be there normally, or if the quality of teaching is demonstrably bad - but if you can't show that, then why would you feel the need to send your child elsewhere?

Old 03-12-2015, 11:34 AM

2,189 posts, read 3,219,974 times
Racial expectations? Stafford's mayor is under fire for basically saying he wants whites and Asians to come back to the district instead of them living there but moving elsewhere as they have open enrollment and he blames the out of district students for their woes

Old 03-12-2015, 11:58 AM

Well I checked the racial composition of Stafford Elementary school and I did not like it

I can go to details and then people will flame me here so I won't do that. The composition is not the way I like.

So any idea about the charter schools? I heard there is a huge waiting line for Harmony elementary school and people are chosen with a drawing not with a test. So what if I am not lucky? Is that a good school by the way? Any experiences?

Old 03-12-2015, 03:50 PM

17,183 posts, read 22,926,164 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by misterno View Post
Well I checked the racial composition of Stafford Elementary school and I did not like it

I can go to details and then people will flame me here so I won't do that. The composition is not the way I like.

So any idea about the charter schools? I heard there is a huge waiting line for Harmony elementary school and people are chosen with a drawing not with a test. So what if I am not lucky? Is that a good school by the way? Any experiences?
Harmony is not the best charter to go to.

Exclusive: FBI Whistleblower and Teacher Expose Islamic Gülen Movement Infiltrating U.S. Through Charter Schools | Ben Swann Truth In Media

Quote:
Gülen schools are among the nation’s largest users of the H1B visas. In 2009, the schools received government approvals for 684 visas – more than Google Inc. (440) but fewer than a technology powerhouse such as Intel Corp. (1,203), reported the Philadelphia Inquirer.

Critics also find it hard to believe that qualified American teachers in math and science are hard to find.
Texas Legislature To Launch Investigation Of Charter Schools « CBS Dallas / Fort Worth

Harmony charter chain agrees to changes after civil rights investigation - Houston Chronicle
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston