Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-16-2013, 03:00 PM

34,619 posts, read 21,615,505 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trae713 View Post
The opinion of the juror does matter considering she was one of the ones deciding the fate of gz. When Zimmerman took over was watch captain, there were some guidelines set and Zimmerman obviously overstepped them. The juror even said that and.anyone with common sense can see that. There is no reason why Zimmerman followed martin. Put yourself in martin's shoes and imagine some strange dude following you in hos truck and then getting out and following you on foot. All Zimmerman had to say was "neighborhood watch captain, are you a resident here". Instead he acted like the beta male he is.
It certainly appears to me that Martin could have called the police, ran to his dad's girlfriend's house or even asked Zimmerman what he wanted. Instead, it appears that he agrees with certain posters here that if you followed, you need to jump into a** kicking mode because some guideline wasn't strictly followed.

What if Zimmerman was a pizza delivery man? What if he couldn't find the address of the delivery and happened to be following Martin by coincidence as he slowly drove on a rainy night? What happens if he gets out of the car to ask Martin about the address so he could deliver the pizza? Yes, I know, the pizza delivery man deserves to get his a** kicked, and if the pizza delivery man fell back on his head after having his nose broken and died, it's all good, because following someone is an a** kicking offense.

The person acting all beta male was Martin. He didn't call for help. He didn't call his father from his phone. He didn't call 911 from his phone. He didn't run home. He went into kick a** mode. Apparently, you seem to feel that's acceptable.

Old 07-16-2013, 03:03 PM

392 posts, read 998,807 times
Quote:
The opinion of the juror does matter considering she was one of the ones deciding the fate of gz. When Zimmerman took over was watch captain, there were some guidelines set and Zimmerman obviously overstepped them. The juror even said that and.anyone with common sense can see that. There is no reason why Zimmerman followed martin. Put yourself in martin's shoes and imagine some strange dude following you in hos truck and then getting out and following you on foot. All Zimmerman had to say was "neighborhood watch captain, are you a resident here". Instead he acted like the beta male he is.
I don't recall any testimony about the "guidelines" of a neighborhood watchman. I did miss a little bit of the trial but not much.

Why do you ignore the fact that Trayvon had 4 minutes to go home and no confrontation would have ever happened, GZ had already lost sight of him and had no idea where he went.

You say if GZ had not followed Trayvon there would not have been a death that night, well I say if TM had just gone home, especially if he was allegedly "scared" of this man like everyone keeps saying he would still be alive today. He might as well have pulled the trigger himself.

Trayvon did not go home that night though, instead everything points to he found and attacked GZ.

Old 07-16-2013, 03:06 PM

2,367 posts, read 4,696,041 times
Nothing good is going to come of this entire thread.

Old 07-16-2013, 03:07 PM

1,728 posts, read 3,550,583 times
what if this Jeantel told TM to beat the cracka's ass?
dun dun dun duuunn...

Old 07-16-2013, 03:10 PM

9,221 posts, read 15,958,071 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRdad View Post
how?

most people would say they'd call the police (if he's really creep'd out as you describe). hello, he has a cellphone
How? Because he didn't identify himself. He couldn't think during a high pressure situation and just say who he was. He could have called the police. But instead he tried to stand his ground. he wasn't gonna let this strange man following him go to his house. Sometimes you have to fight and stand your ground. Unfortunately, Trayvon was facing a vigilante and wannabe cop who couldn't think to identify himself and defuse any possible situation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
Nope, I just read the official handbook for neighborhood watch captains, and it specifically says that you should continue to observe the suspect until the police arrive.

Tell us the specifics and specifically why the charges were dropped on both. I seem to be unable to utilize Google as well as you; therefore, I can't find the specifics.
George Zimmerman, Son of a Retired Judge, Has 3 Closed Arrests

Wasn't hard.

Old 07-16-2013, 03:11 PM

9,273 posts, read 26,498,768 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schumacher713 View Post
Nothing good is going to come of this entire thread.
Nope.
But it does expose the fact that you are still guilty or innocent by virtue of race, when the two races are involved, not by evidence. No matter what side of the issue you are.

If GZ was all hispanic or half black, this would have never made the news. Because he is half white...game on.

Old 07-16-2013, 03:14 PM

Quote:
How? Because he didn't identify himself. He couldn't think during a high pressure situation and just say who he was. He could have called the police. But instead he tried to stand his ground. he wasn't gonna let this strange man following him go to his house. Sometimes you have to fight and stand your ground. Unfortunately, Trayvon was facing a vigilante and wannabe cop who couldn't think to identify himself and defuse any possible situation.

Wasn't hard.
Couldn't think because he was in a high pressure situation? WTF are you smoking!!! I want some.

4 minutes... 4 minutes... 4 minutes...

Also I have all my tickets and arrest records sealed/closed to and I am not related to any Judge. They usually seal them when you finish your probation etc.

Old 07-16-2013, 03:14 PM

58 posts, read 86,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redlionjr View Post
How can I tell someone who was stalked and murdered by a savage? That's what you support a stalker savage that takes the law into his own hands? If you condone I would like for you to come where I stay as im minding my own business and see how I respond to a stalker with intentions on killing me? Im legal in every way possible and will protect myself by any means if I catch you following me around in a car. Im not a teenager minding my own business. Im an adult

the Kansas Citian: More Than a Bag of Skittles - Trayvon Martin and Purple Drank

Articles: What the Media Choose Not to Know about Trayvon

Old 07-16-2013, 03:15 PM

Quote:

Wasn't hard.
Oh btw maybe you should try reading the link you post next time. Not doing a good job of showing your intelligence right now..

"Note: It has been brought to our attention that George Zimmerman has been arrested one time, not three, and that the charges against him were dropped after he completed a pre-trial diversion program. The additional two charges stem from the same incident on the same date."

Old 07-16-2013, 03:17 PM

9,598 posts, read 16,568,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EasilyAmused View Post
Nope.
But it does expose the fact that you are still guilty or innocent by virtue of race,not by evidence. No matter what side of the issue you are.

If GZ was all hispanic or half black, this would have never made the news. Because he is half white...game on.
Thank G-d it did, though. It really put a spotlight on the absurdity that is Stand Your Ground in some states.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
View detailed profiles of: