Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-12-2013, 06:57 PM

83 posts, read 124,770 times

Advertisements

I've been in touch with Quicken loan. They told me that I'm pre approved for a loan, but won't give me any details about the loan until after I have signed a purchase agreement for a house. I don't feel comfortable about signing a purchase agreement without a clue as to what kind of loan that they are going to offer me. Has anyone dealt with Quicken loan or any other mortgage broker. Is this standard procedure? Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-12-2013, 07:21 PM

9,053 posts, read 17,203,029 times
Been wondering about them myself. Found this: Ripoff Report | quicken-loans directory of Complaints & Reviews

Old 08-12-2013, 07:51 PM

469 posts, read 1,101,379 times
I was dealing with them for my mom. Their rep gave her a really bad rate so I told her to look elsewhere. He called her back the next day and said he reworked the loan and got her a better rate. She had him call me and I asked him if he got the better rate by adding points and he told me no. Paperwork comes and there are $1400 in points added in. He tells my mom and me that he never said there were no points and that he would not risk his license like that. All phone calls are taped so I told him to check the tape and tell me again he did say that.
He calls back and apologizes because he told me no points. I wanted that rate without points but he would not budge. His comment and everyone else I talked to there was that my mom agreed to the rate and closing costs so why is she not willing to pay that amount now. She was ok with paying costs for things that were required to pay, not on a fee for them to make more money.
I would stay away from them.

Old 08-12-2013, 09:19 PM

17,029 posts, read 30,932,502 times
I used them about 5 years ago and had a good experience.

Old 08-13-2013, 03:47 AM

1,561 posts, read 2,371,891 times
I used them to re-fi and had no problems.

Old 08-13-2013, 07:30 AM

439 posts, read 1,242,458 times
I just re-financed my home with them 2 months ago and they were great. I have 2 other friends that I recommended who re-financed with them as well and they both have had good experiences. I haven't had any experience with them in regards to initial home purchase though.

Old 08-13-2013, 09:29 AM

1,743 posts, read 3,822,526 times
I think they would be fine for a re-finance, but I prefer using local mortgage companies. Especially ones with in-house or local processing and closing departments. THIS IS CRUCIAL. For instance, you may use Bank of America locally, but their processing may be in Illinois and their closing dept. in Massachusetts...etc. This is horrible, because neither department communicates with each other and none of them have influence on the other. So bottom line. My suggestion: Local bank, credit union or broker with processing and closing departments in Houston.

Old 08-13-2013, 11:27 AM

9,053 posts, read 17,203,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Houston321 View Post
I think they would be fine for a re-finance, but I prefer using local mortgage companies. Especially ones with in-house or local processing and closing departments. THIS IS CRUCIAL. For instance, you may use Bank of America locally, but their processing may be in Illinois and their closing dept. in Massachusetts...etc. This is horrible, because neither department communicates with each other and none of them have influence on the other. So bottom line. My suggestion: Local bank, credit union or broker with processing and closing departments in Houston.
This, this, and more this. Re-fi is an easy thing - transferring property in Texas is not nearly as easy - and out-of-state lenders don't play well with Texas Title companies and Texas rules.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
View detailed profiles of: