Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-18-2007, 08:33 PM

19 posts, read 106,336 times

Advertisements

Hi there -

I am considering buying a home in Houston. We already own a home and will be moving out of it and into the new home in Houston. In the past, I would have immediately assumed that I would need to get a bridge loan to handle the transition. However, in this bizarre housing economy, I am hearing a lot of talk about contingent sale offers. Have you or do you know someone who has made one/accepted one? What would you do if you were in my shoes. I feel pretty confident that my current home will sell within 60 days from list at a reasonable price.

Thanks!

Last edited by LLLegalien; 11-18-2007 at 08:34 PM.. Reason: verb tense was incorrect in title
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-18-2007, 08:44 PM

6,884 posts, read 20,409,476 times
If you do an offer with contingency, be prepared to make a sacrifice, i.e. pay your closing costs, get as close as you can to the asking price, etc.. As an agent, I would advise my sellers to find out all there is to know about your house, neighborhood and sales in the past 90 days to determine whether a contingency is acceptable.
Contingencies are not the norm in Houston's market. You have to have a very strong property in order for one to accept a contract with one.

Old 11-20-2007, 01:48 PM

75 posts, read 244,773 times
Me personally, no.
How do you know if they even have their home priced correctly.
They may have to get a certain price before coming to the table with money.... and will hold out.... and hold you up.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston