Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-29-2013, 05:18 PM

693 posts, read 1,107,450 times

Advertisements

City of Houston is the hypocrite and criminal here. They are extorting money from SOBs. If the city was really serious, they'd go after the cantinas where the REAL trafficking and underage sex goes on. However, the vice would be stepping off into illegal aliens and all sorts of immigration issues that is over their pay grade. Instead, they tax what two consenting adults agree to do. What a joke.

As a regular joe who doesn't frequent da "scrip" clubs too often (and just for fun when I do), I like the idea of getting rid of pasties. Latex covering up nipples has always ruined the experience.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-29-2013, 08:31 PM

413 posts, read 1,179,652 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Lance View Post
Boobs Are Back? City Inks Deal to Allow Clubs to Go Topless, Provide Lap Dances Again

According to the Twitter feed of Janice Evans, the Director of Communications for Mayor Annise Parker, the city signed a deal today that will allow "gentleman's" clubs to go topless again and allow lap dances previously prevented by the three-foot rule.

Finally strip clubs are allowed to be what they are supposed to be, naked....

Boobs Are Back? City Inks Deal to Allow Clubs to Go Topless, Provide Lap Dances Again

KHOU reported this on their 10 pm newscast as well.

They may be worth leaving the house now.
Thank God for this Thanksgiving miracle!!! LOL!!

Old 11-30-2013, 12:01 PM

6,290 posts, read 7,494,183 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by peterlemonjello View Post
The ones in Dallas do. I dont know about Houston.

The ones Ive been in Dallas allow pretty much anything. Ive had strippers tell me touching is ok except for the thing between the legs (boobs and a$$ touching is fine). That varies by stripper. Of course there is ample grinding available. There hasnt been any specific rules surrounding it up here and I was surprised to learn there was one down there. Again, I have never been to one in Houston.
Something tells me there are comparable clubs in this area I just don't know of them personally. It sounds like a good time. I imagine the prices are really high though

Quote:
Originally Posted by winkosmosis View Post
The galleria does have a seediness to it. Have you been to the clubs there?

And then there's this:
Lawsuit seeks to close Galleria-area strip club - Houston Chronicle
"Treasures is an epicenter of illegal activity," Harris County Attorney Vince Ryan, who filed on behalf of the state of Texas, said on Wednesday. "This is to close down one very big operation that impacts the community around it."
The filing alleges that 5647 Westheimer is the location of human trafficking, habitual prostitution and drug activity where owners, management and employees engage in "gang related organized criminal activities that constitute a public nuisance." The petition lists 40 offenses, mostly prostitution, documented at the club over the last four years. How many of those cases resulted in charges or convictions is unclear.
This is nothing but public posturing. The civil equivalent of the perp walk. If you have ever been threatened with civil litigation you will know that hyperbole is part of the game.

The settlement speaks for itself. Besides pasties and 3 foot rules obviously didn't curtail that kind of behavior and prohibition would make things worse. People are people and this sort of behavior is part of the human condition, accept that as reality.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 979Texan View Post
City of Houston is the hypocrite and criminal here. They are extorting money from SOBs. If the city was really serious, they'd go after the cantinas where the REAL trafficking and underage sex goes on. However, the vice would be stepping off into illegal aliens and all sorts of immigration issues that is over their pay grade. Instead, they tax what two consenting adults agree to do. What a joke.

As a regular joe who doesn't frequent da "scrip" clubs too often (and just for fun when I do), I like the idea of getting rid of pasties. Latex covering up nipples has always ruined the experience.
Agreed, the pasties were a joke and along with the no lap dance rule probably cut the income of most of the strippers in the city by half.

One other point under this agreement being the clubs still do not stipulate to being "sexually oriented business" (SOB's) and will continue to maintain that position in their ongoing legal battle against the ordinances prohibiting clubs within certain distances of churches and schools.

Quote:
Originally Posted by smuggy_mba View Post
Thank God for this Thanksgiving miracle!!! LOL!!
I think they announced this on Thanksgiving eve, hoping the story would be muffled by the Thanksgiving holiday hype. But we're too smart for that aren't we

Old 11-30-2013, 04:14 PM

16,508 posts, read 26,288,860 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by winkosmosis View Post
By making the surrounding area undesireable and seedy. They're magnets for crime and they lower property values. Do you want one in your neighborhood?

Or do they belong in someone else's neighborhood?

Here's Why You Really Don't Want a Strip Club Next Door
You mean like Men's Club, Treasures, Centerfolds, Legends,..

Old 11-30-2013, 07:10 PM

18,126 posts, read 25,269,498 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oildog View Post
Have to get things ramped up again for the Super Bowl...afterwards I expect some silly regulation to be passed to prohibit this stuff again.
What a joke,
so it's fine for the Superbowl ($$$$$) after that, gotta go back to the anti-freedom blue laws.

Old 12-01-2013, 10:29 AM

2,367 posts, read 4,694,093 times
I remember going to PTs and Diamond in east St Louis when I was in college. I am not much of a strip club person, but it is good they are back to being half naked. And, what on earth is an anti freedom law?

Old 12-01-2013, 10:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schumacher713 View Post
And, what on earth is an anti freedom law?
A law that takes away people's basic freedoms
such as "Adults can't take their top off inside a private business" or "buying beer on Sunday morning is not allowed"

I might have ran into you East STL

Old 12-01-2013, 11:09 AM

8,227 posts, read 11,142,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oildog View Post
The places in question are not nude dancing, just topless. I thought the previous rule/law was BS put in to appease the religious right. I'm quite conservative and haven't been to a gents club in years, but see no harm in looking at boobies on occasion.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Squidlo View Post
I think its pretty funny. I am conservative at heart. If people don't want to see it don't go into the place. Legislation of morality is such a slippery slope. People are talking about gay marriage but, are wringing their hands over boobies? How did boobies get left in the dust behind other once hot button issues?

The whole deal with money changing hands yearly looks pretty shady to me. Limits on years of operation based on prior history. Limiting who can and who cannot operate said business. Is it really about the boobies? Or is it really about the money?

For the record I agree with Oildog.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dopo View Post
What happened to the whole idea of "small government Texas"
There's more anti-freedom laws here than anywhere else
In Missouri they take everything off

I didn't have time to address this earlier, but lets not forget that it was Mayor Bill White(Democrat/Liberal) that implemented these anti strip club laws and continued until recently under Annise Parker(Democrat/Liberal). So don't blame this on conservatives.

Old 12-01-2013, 11:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 14Bricks View Post
I didn't have time to address this earlier, but lets not forget that it was Mayor Bill White(Democrat/Liberal) that implemented these anti strip club laws and continued until recently under Annise Parker(Democrat/Liberal). So don't blame this on conservatives.
That's exactly why I'm independent
Democrat/Liberal and Republican/Conservative is just a mask that they wear and then they do whatever they want

Old 12-01-2013, 12:29 PM

58 posts, read 86,116 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by annie_himself View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by peterlemonjello View Post
Man, I've been taking the strip clubs in Dallas for granted. I'm guaranteed grinding action when I purchase a lap dance here. Next time I'm going to hug a stripper and say thank you!!!
Take a shower really quick.

And remember, you were playing basketball...

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston