Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-24-2014, 02:22 PM

670 posts, read 1,443,496 times

Advertisements

What neighborhood?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-24-2014, 02:28 PM

238 posts, read 696,742 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AguaDulce View Post
I don't understand. Are you a homeowner? And therefore a member of the HOA? And yet have no contact info for the HOA board? How can you run for a position on a board that you can't contact?
THANK YOU. This is EXACTLY what I don't understand.

I am a homeowner, therefore I am a member of this HOA.

And yet, I don't have any contact info for the HOA board and the office lady can't/won't give it to me.

At this time, I cannot run for a position because there's no one I can call! Other than the office lady, of course, who always says "I don't know anything".

Old 02-24-2014, 02:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by texsn95 View Post
What neighborhood?
I've been hesitant to give out the name of the neighborhood/HOA, but given my frustration and having no one to turn to, here it is:

Canyon Gate at the Brazos, in Richmond.

Old 02-24-2014, 03:36 PM

7,599 posts, read 18,418,848 times
Forget to pay your dues or put a hideous ornament in your front lawn and theyll introduce themselves.

Old 02-24-2014, 05:28 PM

705 posts, read 1,261,182 times
Is your neighborhood completely built out yet? If not, the HOA might still be under the developers and the residents aren't in charge of it yet.

Old 02-24-2014, 05:44 PM

2,052 posts, read 5,877,718 times
Looks like Crest management was at one point the HOA management company for your neighborhood, but you are not listed in their current communities. Did you get paperwork on the HOA and the deed restrictions when you closed on the house? You should have received information on it and the management company. Maybe you can call Crest and see if they know who is running it now. The board may have hired this lady to run everything, but hopefully not.

We get a newsletter every month with contact info for various people in our neighborhood on the HOA. That is how things should be done. Here is an old copy of yours. I know PCMI is no longer the management company either.
http://www.peelinc-newsletters.com/w...ers/0711CG.pdf
Looks like several of the Homeowner Representatives still live in the neighborhood according to fbcad.org. Maybe you could talk to them about the HOA as a concerned neighbor?

Next time you see the lady, ask her for the information on the next board meeting. It is your right to know about the meetings and attend them, and get involved.

Good luck!

Old 02-24-2014, 05:45 PM

682 posts, read 1,943,358 times
Looks like a company named Crest Management is the one that manages the HOA or at least did at one time.

Canyon Gate At The Brazos Owners Assn Inc in Richmond, Texas (TX) - faqs.org

Crest Management Company

Edit: Looks like trbstang posted about the same time I did....

Old 02-24-2014, 06:00 PM

As far as I am aware, the subdivision is built out and the management company ceded control over to the residents a year ago.

Funny thing is, the management company I called isn't the same as Crest Management. I thought it was Action Properties. I'll give Crest a call and see what I can find out.

I feel funny about contacting the representatives that used to serve on the board, like... it seems random and out of the blue. I don't want to come off as a stalker or something.

And yes, I did get the deed restrictions CC&Rs and some information... and I double checked and triple checked the packet from closing to see if I'm missing anything, nothing on the board of directors or whoever is managing it now.

Old 02-24-2014, 06:15 PM

1,534 posts, read 3,497,075 times
Ok, there's no way that gate doesn't have a punch in gate code. Talk to your neighbors, one of them must have it, esp if they've lived there for many years. The realtor who showed you the property must also know the passcode to enter the gate to show you the house?
I'm also 99% sure you don't need a land line, my gate is to my cell phone. If the free google number doesn't work, buy a pay as you go phone with a local number (Houston is a big enough place that 713, 281, etc are sometimes long distance). I believe 281 is the primary number in Richmond but not sure. Use that phone as your clicker, press 9 when someone dials in.
As for finding the HOA board, this is the number on yelp, 281) 341-7349 , is that the one you have? They also have a facebook page, not sure if it's active or not. Like others say, skip your payment or break a rule and they will be contacting you . Also ask your neighbors.

Old 02-24-2014, 06:21 PM

8,793 posts, read 8,174,863 times
Call the company that maintains the gate and ask them how to make it work. Or go get a keypad tone generator from radio shack.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston