Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-03-2014, 09:55 AM

12 posts, read 21,785 times

Advertisements

Agree. Stay away from Clear Creek and Clear Lake.

[Mod cut: no advertising]

Last edited by elnina; 03-03-2014 at 10:10 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-03-2014, 10:08 AM

1,835 posts, read 3,264,565 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlfredB1979 View Post
Oh Lawd, no.

That's way too far. At least the highway ran on and on endlessly when I went up there for an audit last week.

OP, why don't Deer Park or La Porte work? La Porte = 25th safest city in TX. HWY 225 is a relatively easy commute in. Most of La Porte fared just fine during Ike, too.

Friendswood is #3, but that traffic = No thanks. Same for #24 Pearland.

The SafeWise 50 Safest Cities in Texas - SafeWise

(You're welcome. Just don't let this secret get out. I like my peace and quiet here in La Porte.)
OP said schools were important. LaPorte is not known for its academic success.

Out of your list, I like Friendswood the most. But Clear Lake is also quite nice. League City is a fine choice as well. Friendswood has the best schools of any listed, but there is nothing necessarily wrong with clear creek isd as long as you stay away from Clear Brook high.

Rule out Pearland entirely, not just b/c of schools but also commute.

Old 03-03-2014, 12:16 PM

488 posts, read 1,383,012 times
I know a lot of people are saying rule out Pearland because of commute and maybe if you are on the West side (Shadowcreek Ranch side) you could add a bit of extra time but we are on the East side in Lakes of Highland Glen and I don't think it would be that bad. I have only good things to say about the schools.

Old 03-04-2014, 12:04 AM

111 posts, read 218,446 times
We chose Friendswood because of the schools and have been happy so far.

Old 03-04-2014, 01:03 AM

1,022 posts, read 1,971,758 times
1. League city- growing, mostly new build, easy access to 45 , once construction on 45 is done. This area is gonna get hotter.

2. Pearland highland glen, good location,good area , nice new homes, with a new super heb close by, easy access to belt way. This maybe the best location for you.

3. Clear lake- not too crowed, older homes, easy access to 45 and to port of houston.

4. Friendswood-cool little town vibe. Good area. I find it difficult to get to a main freeway whether its 45 or belt way I would think this is a bad drive.

5. Kingwood to the port of houston? I would think that's an ugly drive

I hope that helps. I ve lived in Pearland and clear lake area.
IMHO Pearland around the Pearland parkway would be ideal.
Pick an area you like. Go back there during rush hour, check out the commute.

Good luck

Last edited by Chris V; 03-04-2014 at 01:14 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston