Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-18-2014, 07:53 PM

18,130 posts, read 25,291,852 times

Advertisements

Here's my only comment about this video

Every single video of High School violence I've seen on the news in the last several years have been black kids.
I would say that's about 20-30 videos of HS violence that have been shown on the news.

Are black kids the only ones that are violent?
Are black kids the only ones that are good recording videos when a violent act is gonna happen?
Or maybe news channels only show High School violence when it is done by black kids?

My guess is that it's the third option, because I lived for many years in a region where everybody was white and there was lots of fights and violence in my High School..... just like any other school.

Old 05-19-2014, 03:55 AM

4,875 posts, read 10,074,109 times
I've read arguments on Reddit that the age of consent should be set to whatever age a state can sentence a juvenile "as an adult" - the reasoning is that a state should not have the luxury of deciding that someone is a child in one situation where it is favored (prosecutors getting prosecutions) and then that the same person is an adult in another situation where it is favored (prosecutors getting prosecutions).

Anyhow, do you guys think that this 16-year old should be "sentenced as an adult?"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dopo View Post
Here's my only comment about this video

Every single video of High School violence I've seen on the news in the last several years have been black kids.
I would say that's about 20-30 videos of HS violence that have been shown on the news.

Are black kids the only ones that are good recording videos when a violent act is gonna happen?
Or maybe news channels only show High School violence when it is done by black kids?

My guess is that it's the third option, because I lived for many years in a region where everybody was white and there was lots of fights and violence in my High School..... just like any other school.
I wonder if it's also because of a cultural influence on low income black and Hispanic neighborhoods: Worldstar Hiphop

Old 05-19-2014, 06:45 AM

3,842 posts, read 8,270,957 times
Oh man Worldstar... I stopped reading Facebook because 1/2 of my high school classmates were posting brutal Worldstar fight videos on a daily basis. And we've been out of high school for a long, long time.

Old 05-19-2014, 09:23 AM

4,875 posts, read 10,074,109 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanielWayne View Post
Oh man Worldstar... I stopped reading Facebook because 1/2 of my high school classmates were posting brutal Worldstar fight videos on a daily basis. And we've been out of high school for a long, long time.
I told my relatives about the site... one of them said that he's disgusted by it. But I know tons of people are addicted to it

Old 05-19-2014, 02:38 PM

1,483 posts, read 1,726,103 times
OK, I'm just going to come out and say that this thread is blatantly racist. It plays on white fears of black violence and it caricatures blacks as "animals" and "thugs" and whatever else stand-in for the "n" word that racist whites are spewing these days.

Anyone here who feels that they can rationalize with these racist posters, please be advised that you cannot. They will pretend that they are not racist and bait you into trying to prove their racism but you won't be able to prove it and they'll get the last bigoted laugh.

I normally like City Data but when threads like this come out and remain active for this long, I have to wonder where the moderator's heads are.

Old 05-19-2014, 03:05 PM

498 posts, read 837,705 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerbear30 View Post
Anyone here who feels that they can rationalize with these racist posters, please be advised that you cannot.
[cannot] and "should not" are not interchangeable.

Old 05-19-2014, 03:29 PM

4,244 posts, read 8,762,489 times
Quote:
OK, I'm just going to come out and say that this thread is blatantly racist. It plays on white fears of black violence and it caricatures blacks as "animals" and "thugs" and whatever else stand-in for the "n" word that racist whites are spewing these days.

Anyone here who feels that they can rationalize with these racist posters, please be advised that you cannot. They will pretend that they are not racist and bait you into trying to prove their racism but you won't be able to prove it and they'll get the last bigoted laugh.

I normally like City Data but when threads like this come out and remain active for this long, I have to wonder where the moderator's heads are.
Rep+1

Old 05-19-2014, 03:33 PM

2,756 posts, read 3,808,575 times
Quote:

Just remember Obama's comments on Donald Sterling: "When ignorant folks want to advertise their ignorance, you don't really have to do anything, you just let them talk."

Old 05-19-2014, 04:06 PM

145 posts, read 200,269 times
Quote:

Agreed. There's a reason they tell you not to argue with fools. You won't win.

Old 05-19-2014, 04:17 PM

8,275 posts, read 7,947,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dopo View Post

The simplest explanation is that there are statistical variations between demographic groups as far as violence and crime are concerned, which is substantiated by the FBI's uniform crime report.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
View detailed profiles of: