Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-30-2014, 12:19 PM

292 posts, read 547,904 times

Advertisements

I am basing the zoned information from the current Cyfair's district website.

Cypress Fairbanks Independent School District :: Attendance Boundaries

If you click zoned schools by subdivision.

http://www.cfisd.net/files/3614/0059/2088/rescodes.pdf

If you look at Page 17, Towne Lake Greene, which I believe is part of Towne Lake, goes to Cy-Spring, unless Cy-Fair is wrong or Towne Lake Greene is not part of Towne Lake ??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-30-2014, 12:33 PM

1,347 posts, read 1,821,133 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hangster View Post
I am basing the zoned information from the current Cyfair's district website.

Cypress Fairbanks Independent School District :: Attendance Boundaries

If you click zoned schools by subdivision.

http://www.cfisd.net/files/3614/0059/2088/rescodes.pdf

If you look at Page 17, Towne Lake Greene, which I believe is part of Towne Lake, goes to Cy-Spring, unless Cy-Fair is wrong or Towne Lake Greene is not part of Towne Lake ??
Towne Lake Green is an old apartment complex on highway 6; it's in no way affiliated with Towne Lake. If you look at the high school map link in the first one you provided above, it shows that all of Towne Lake and Cypress Creek Lakes directly west of it is zoned to Cy-Ranch, with Canyon Lake West directly below and southwest of it zoned to Cy-Springs.

Old 06-30-2014, 12:38 PM

292 posts, read 547,904 times
Thanks for clearing that up. Thats makes much mroe sense now. Surprised it is listed under subdivision in CFISD.

Old 09-19-2014, 09:33 AM

182 posts, read 350,369 times
Anyone have an opinion on Cypress Landing. It's north of 290 on Mueschke. Zoned to Keith Elementary, Goodson Middle, and Cywoods, Which all got A's on the schools at risk rankings.

Anyhow lets talk park and ride too! FRom what I can tell the Cypress Park and Ride has a transfer in order to get to downtown.

For anyone who takes it, how long is the average trip? total.

Old 09-19-2014, 09:48 AM

264 posts, read 441,924 times
I have not heard good things about the new Anthony Middle school, where Towne Lake is zoned. This is coming from those who work in CFISD. This came as quite a shock to me. Behavioral problems already. Not sure of the attendance zone for this school.

Cypress....north of 290, south of 290, honestly, just personal preference. I like the north side because it is well established. Sometimes I feel like I am driving through the country. I can also see problems with roads needing to be widened to allow for the increase in traffic. I also like the south side with the newer neighborhoods and neat, clean retail along 290.

I've done the Park and Ride starting at the next stop down 290...maybe Northwest Station? It was a breeze. In the AM you never have to wait for a bus....they continually arrive. It really takes the stress out of the commute to have someone else drive. It took 30 minutes tops to get to downtown. I would suggest you look at the Park and Ride schedule online and look at departure and arrival times to your destination.

Old 09-19-2014, 09:58 AM

2,052 posts, read 5,872,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyDA View Post
Anyone have an opinion on Cypress Landing. It's north of 290 on Mueschke. Zoned to Keith Elementary, Goodson Middle, and Cywoods, Which all got A's on the schools at risk rankings.

Anyhow lets talk park and ride too! FRom what I can tell the Cypress Park and Ride has a transfer in order to get to downtown.

For anyone who takes it, how long is the average trip? total.
My BIL and family lives in the Villages of Cypress Lakes just south of Cypress Landing and it is a good area. Because his area had a lot of first time buyers, they've had some issues over the past few years, but it is improving now.

As for the Park & Ride, it does not transfer. It just stops at the NW Transit Center to let people off that don't need to go downtown, and to take on people from other bus routes that do want to go downtown. It generally stops for 2-3 minutes or so to finish the unloading/loading and continues to downtown. Sometimes they do not even stop if no one needs to get off or get on. I've never ridden that particular bus route, but I know the others I take on 290 are pretty close to the bus schedule times. It looks to be a 40-45 min drive to the edge of downtown per the schedule, but with the 290 construction, I would think closer to an hour. Hopefully some riders can chime in.

http://www.ridemetro.org/SchedulesMa...nwcorridor.pdf

Old 09-19-2014, 11:17 AM

182 posts, read 350,369 times
Thanks for the info guys. If anyone else has some opinions on that neighborhood (cypress landing) or park and ride feel free to chime in.

I think I might have to do a transfer only because I am going to the gov. area of downtown and not the business district. Still much better option than road rage.

As for the neighborhoods. The master planned communities look great but just cost a lot more.
Overall the school is the most important thing.

Old 09-19-2014, 01:12 PM
fnh

2,888 posts, read 3,912,451 times
The Park & Ride commuter bus service is terrific. Buses arrive frequently during peak hours and the buses are very comfortable and plush. My mother used it a few years ago from the Northwest Station to downtown, and my middle schooler now uses it (between Northwest TC and W. Little York PR) to stay after school and come home when he chooses. Ten minutes on the bus for him to travel that distance, and fifteen minutes total for me to drive to the PR and back to pick him up. Sweet.

Old 09-19-2014, 01:42 PM

2,052 posts, read 5,872,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyDA View Post
I think I might have to do a transfer only because I am going to the gov. area of downtown and not the business district. Still much better option than road rage.
Agreed! Are you talking about the courts and the law center area, or the city hall/federal buildings area? The P&R bus goes from north to south down Smith street right by the federal buildings and city hall. If you need the court area I would just walk from Preston & Smith, but there might be a bus or two that travels east/west across the city to that area. If you transfer at the NW Station to a local downtown bus, that will be a long ride.

The P&R buses are pretty nice, except for when they occasionally get filled up in the evenings. I've had to stand the whole way a couple of times, but that was a day with bad weather and traffic. The bus I got on was actually running an hour behind schedule!

Old 09-19-2014, 02:18 PM
fnh

2,888 posts, read 3,912,451 times
Downtown is not that large, probably faster to walk than transfer. Get thee a tunnel map, you may be able to do the walk in climate controlled comfort year round.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston