Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-27-2015, 07:07 AM

156 posts, read 317,835 times

Advertisements

Thank you everyone for your response!

We still really like Lennar's homes. With all the upgrades included in the price, mosaic backsplash, crown molding around the house except bedrooms, tiles 18 x 18 all in the living areas, family, kitchen, hall ways, upgrade cabinet with free hardware draw handle, granite kitchen ..etc ... compare to Taylor Morrison they don't have these upgrade and the price is higher for the same lot 50ft.

We also like the area of Grand Mission Estates, but don't like it when they keep increasing the price twice a month... sigh ... Also, we don't like the sale manager at Brookstone, the way she talks make us feel she talks down on us and doubt about we are going to buy a home, she kept telling us that this couple cancel before the closing, that couple didn't do this do that, lots of things she said very offended and made me upset... I tried to ask the builder for different sale agent but there's none.

Do you have any problem with her?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-27-2015, 07:09 AM

Tax rate: Do you guys know why Grand Mission Estates tax rate is 3.33% but Grand Vista is 2.88%? I talked to the sale agent at Grand Vista and she said it used to be 3.1% but for some reason it reduced to 2.88%, not sure why the same area but the tax rate is different.

Thank you!

Old 03-27-2015, 08:47 AM

5,612 posts, read 4,935,144 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by butterflies105 View Post
Tax rate: Do you guys know why Grand Mission Estates tax rate is 3.33% but Grand Vista is 2.88%? I talked to the sale agent at Grand Vista and she said it used to be 3.1% but for some reason it reduced to 2.88%, not sure why the same area but the tax rate is different.

Thank you!
Are they in different MUDs? That would be the most likely cause.

Old 03-27-2015, 11:43 AM

360 posts, read 665,417 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by daisee1203 View Post
I don't know that GV will have an elementary school anytime soon but it WILL have one. Just because it's not slated for the next few builds doesn't mean it isn't happening. There is no reason for them to lie when there is a HUGE map of the entire build out for the entire community. As I explained earlier, it will not be in the first big phase and they made that really clear. It will be in the 2nd big phase. And the entire community will not be built out until 8-10 years at the least. They estimate 12-15 years. So, to anyone thinking of buying, understand that it could be a few years.

I've had sales people promise some grand things but lying about a school isn't one that I have experienced - especially when you can see the blueprint, displayed for all to see. They might be lying about how fast it will go up, but there will be one.
You're putting a lot of trust into the developer and the salesperson. They have absolutely no control over school building or zoning. They can post a HUGE map of the build out with a Disneyland theme park in the middle of it but that doesn't mean it will be built.

I'm not trying to be rude, but your post just isn't good information. The op (and anyone needing this information) just needs to do his/her own research and refer to the FBISD plan. Not a map posted in a sales office. Developers lie all the time and plans change for many reasons. Even the "final" blueprint can change. Salespeople just use the info that they're given which is not always accurate, so I wouldn't call them liars. They're just doing their job and repeating what they've been told.

Anyway, here's a link to the APPROVED feeder pattern and boundary plan for FBISD...
http://www.fortbendisd.com/cms/lib09...2001272015.pdf

Old 03-27-2015, 11:56 AM

360 posts, read 665,417 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by daisee1203 View Post
I haven't heard any elementary school information for Harvest Green in terms of time. Just that it will have one.
You need to actually go to the neighborhood and see what they have slated. I don't believe GV will have an elem school in 2017 but they will have one. It just won't be until they open the next big phase, which I estimate at least another 2-3 years, depending on sales.

There are 4 new elem schools to go up that were approved in the latest FBISD bond but they didn't name them. I don't think Aliana was on there b/c it was already under construction. High school and middle schools, will stay the same for GV, unless something changes over time.
Here's the info for Harvest Green and Grand Vista...

On page 16 of the APPROVED Feeder Pattern and Boundary Plan for FBISD, it explicitly states that, "Elementary 49 @ Harvest Green comes online (K-5) Harvest Green, Waterview, Prison Land, etc. (Current Oakland and Pecan Grove)," and, "Elementary 50 @ Grand Vista (K-5) Grand Mission," both for 2017-2018.

Old 03-27-2015, 05:29 PM

137 posts, read 256,847 times
Quote:

We still really like Lennar's homes. With all the upgrades included in the price, mosaic backsplash, crown molding around the house except bedrooms, tiles 18 x 18 all in the living areas, family, kitchen, hall ways, upgrade cabinet with free hardware draw handle, granite kitchen ..etc ... compare to Taylor Morrison they don't have these upgrade and the price is higher for the same lot 50ft.

We also like the area of Grand Mission Estates, but don't like it when they keep increasing the price twice a month... sigh ... Also, we don't like the sale manager at Brookstone, the way she talks make us feel she talks down on us and doubt about we are going to buy a home, she kept telling us that this couple cancel before the closing, that couple didn't do this do that, lots of things she said very offended and made me upset... I tried to ask the builder for different sale agent but there's none.

We had the same problem, but I will tell you this. Overall she was the best sales person we could've had. We flip flopped 3x and revised our contract several times. She didn't have to continue working with us on getting the right options and floor plan and she always returned our phone calls.

Old 03-30-2015, 11:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronaldmco View Post
We had the same problem, but I will tell you this. Overall she was the best sales person we could've had. We flip flopped 3x and revised our contract several times. She didn't have to continue working with us on getting the right options and floor plan and she always returned our phone calls.

Thanks Ronaldmco! This is our problem, my parents will not retire until this year December. They need to sell their house before they can purchase this house. However, April 1st Lennar will increase the price again, so we are thinking to put down earnest money to get the lot before the price is increasing. However, we afraid our parents couldnt' sell the house in time so we don't have money to make monthly payment with the "investment interest" because we already own a house, so it will be considered as "investment", we can't afford to make two payments for our house and new house, but because of afraid this lot will increase then we want to gamble, I know it sounds not smart at all ...sigh ...

what do you guys think? Should we get the lot or should we wait till December? If we wait till December I afraid there will be nothing left because they only have a few lots left at this time ...sigh ...

Old 07-25-2015, 10:49 AM

1 posts, read 1,911 times
Quote:

Hello,

We had a similar experience with the lady. A person from Legend Homes (Legend Homes sold all their properties in GM), told me that the lady was related to a big honcho in the home building business. I thought that might be related to her patronizing demeanor, but we will never know

I like the way the Grand Vista Brookstone homes look, but the layouts are poor (We have seen more models in other communities). In addition, the homes are overpriced, specially when you consider their limited selection of choices for the home and the home layouts. They say everything is included, but that really means "everything that we like and bought for cheap is included to make a community that we can sell". Of course is a business, but when Lennar started selling Gran Vistas houses were 20k to 30k cheaper. Then the market when up like crazy.

Please consider visiting more developments around the area and finding somebody that will work with what you want, not necessarily try to sell you what they already have, specially when buying a new home, they are sellers and you are a customer looking for the best deal that suits your needs not theirs.

We bought a new home in Fieldstone 6 months later way cheaper than Grand Mission. We were able to make selections at the design center that were superior to the offerings from Lennar. My subdivision sold out before the streets were even finished!

Good fortune on your house project!

Turquesa

Old 07-25-2015, 07:39 PM

6,720 posts, read 8,385,974 times
Never count on a school being built in a community, until the district announces it and breaks ground.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston