Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-22-2008, 12:17 PM

19 posts, read 40,252 times

Advertisements

I will be moving to Houston this spring/summer, and am in the beginning stages of my job search.

I hold an accounting degree from Indiana University, and have 6 years relevant experience as a staff accountant.

Thanks in advance!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-23-2008, 06:16 PM

151 posts, read 641,309 times
I work with several accountanting firms in Houston and assure you, with beaming confidence that you will not have any trouble finding a job at an accounting firm in Houston.

There are some major players in Houston such as Briggs & Veselka, Gainer Donnelly DeRouches (sp?), Easley Endres Parkhill Brackendorff, Miller Grossbard, McConnell Jones Lanier & Murphy to name a few. Then there are the large national/international firms that have a strong presence as well such as KPMG, PWC, Ernst & Young, Deloitte, etc.

I would research them all and then determine which ones have openings that compliment your interests and qualifications.

Also, leverage any contacts you've made in the past 6 years. Might also help to join a professional associations ASAP. The networking will be invaluable.

Good luck!!

Old 01-24-2008, 01:02 PM

8,376 posts, read 30,712,073 times
Ugh, recruiters. Another profession on my s*** list. Again, it's all in the experience - both me & the wife. Don't get me started.

Ngmcd, if I were you, I'd skip those jacks if at all possible and see if you can break into the job you're looking for on your own. Contrary to what you might have heard, it can be done.

Old 01-24-2008, 04:40 PM

499 posts, read 2,157,917 times
Robert Half

Old 12-14-2010, 09:40 AM

1 posts, read 3,000 times
Default Bookkeeping, Accounting, Clerical wanted

[FONT=Verdana]I am looking for someone to help me get our office administration dept organize in bookkeeping and finance. Our product is taking off and I am a bit worried about our bookkeeping and financial area. I need professional help in order for us to get to the next level.[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana]We are a small Hawaiian/Polynesian Restaurant whose dream is to create the next Trader Vic and Mai-Kai type Restaurant with a 5 star Dine and tropical drinks serving in the Houston area. Please visit us at [URL="http://www.hulamamas.com/"]www.hulamamas.com[/URL] for more info. [/FONT]
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
View detailed profiles of: