Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-03-2015, 10:03 AM

5 posts, read 3,080 times

Advertisements

Hello!! I will be moving in 2 weeks with my boyfriend to Houston, TX. He recently moved to a new apartment at Siena Courtyard, this is located to the North of Northborough Drive. It is very close to Greenspoint (of which I heard terrible things about crimes and auto thefts) but those reviews are old (between 2007 and 2010) how is that area nowdays?? Does anybody know anything about Siena Courtyard? He already signed the lease for 10 months... but I am kind of concerned that we could be living in a bad area... and is Siena Courtyard part of Greenspoint? Or is it outside of that area?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-03-2015, 02:48 PM

8,895 posts, read 20,007,186 times
Greenspoint is still a bad area and probably worse than in 2007 and 2010. Not sure if your apartment is at greenspoint or not.

Old 07-03-2015, 03:19 PM

I would not like to live in a ghetto area. My main concern is safety. And boyfriend and I are PuertoRicans so I dont know if that would be a problem too.

Old 07-03-2015, 04:01 PM

9,053 posts, read 17,204,558 times
Unfortunately, you are in the Greenspoint area.

As to being from Puerto Rico - it's Houston - no one cares where you are from.

Old 07-03-2015, 08:15 PM

Ugh... is it bad enough to break the lease?? The lease is for 10 months. He has not been living there for one month yet..

Old 07-03-2015, 08:56 PM

Is the apartment upstairs? If so, I don't know that I would break the lease (that could hamper your efforts to get into an apartment elsewhere) - just plan on getting out of that area as soon as the lease expires.

If you are on the ground floor, invest in some alarm items - and don't store anything valuable there. In fact, no matter where the apartment is located, store valuable items elsewhere. Never leave anything of value in the car. Does your car have an alarm?

Old 07-03-2015, 09:12 PM

We are in a second floor. We really do not have valuables, we are just starting our life from scratch, since we moved from our country. So we dont even own a TV right now... I will tell my boyfriend to invest on alarm system for his car. I am concerned of how dangerous it could be to drive around at night. He gets out of work at 7pm usually, and I do not know how unsafety it could be for him to be driving around those areas at night.

Old 07-03-2015, 09:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellow_Ama View Post
We are in a second floor. We really do not have valuables, we are just starting our life from scratch, since we moved from our country. So we dont even own a TV right now... I will tell my boyfriend to invest on alarm system for his car. I am concerned of how dangerous it could be to drive around at night. He gets out of work at 7pm usually, and I do not know how unsafety it could be for him to be driving around those areas at night.
Probably not too bad - they are going to go for the easy car break-ins and apartment burglaries. Don't even buy a TV, etc. until you get out of there.

In Houston, price reflects area. Cheap prices always reflect sketchy areas.

Old 07-03-2015, 11:15 PM

672 posts, read 848,012 times
Welcome, Fellow Boricua, to Houston!!

Old 07-04-2015, 11:56 AM

226 posts, read 284,991 times
I'm not too familiar with Greenspoint, but I've heard that the area near Northborough Drive is a bit safer than the rest of Greenspoint, and Greenspoint as a whole has gotten slightly better than 10-20 years ago, when it was legitimately Gunspoint. It's still somewhat of a rough part of town, so I would watch out for thefts.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston